forum

Getting My Map Ranked

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rimeeny
Hi!, I would just like some help on how I get my map to reach the "ranked status" if anyone would care to help.
WitherMite
step 1: if its your first map: Give up. its not worth trying to rank your first map, it wont happen. keep mapping and learning what makes a good beatmap.

2: make sure the map at least meets the Ranking criteria

3: make a good mapset, just following RC isnt good enough. im still trying to do this.

after you have a rankable mapset, you need to get 2 beatmap nominators to nominate your map for each gamemode, there is a list of all current BN's, and they should usually have their preferred way to send them maps on their profile, idk much about this, I havent tried to push any maps to rank yet.
Sophie Twilight
4th step is the hardest btw
Topic Starter
Rimeeny
oh well this sounds fun
lewski

- Mahiro - wrote:

i know this is a joke but some people seem to unironically think that way lol

for those people: if 4 feels harder than 3 you just didn't actually do 3 yet
Asphiee

lewski wrote:

- Mahiro - wrote:

i know this is a joke but some people seem to unironically think that way lol

for those people: if 4 feels harder than 3 you just didn't actually do 3 yet
4 is a smooth sail unless your BN suddenly ditches you for no reason, kicked or retired without telling u
jschlatt stan
Sies

WitherMite wrote:

there is a list of all current BN's
Go here to check their status, whether accepting a request or not: https://bn.mappersguild.com/

Uhh but still, you should check their userpage to know what their preferences are.

Good luck!
Sophie Twilight

Sies wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

there is a list of all current BN's
Go here to check their status, whether accepting a request or not: https://bn.mappersguild.com/

Uhh but still, you should check their userpage to know what their preferences are.

Good luck!
Is this option for multiacc www

Sugar_owo
first maps never get ranked ill just say that
enneya
(in my opinion) just improve ur mapping in general before trying to rank something honestly, spending time actually mapping gets you way further than constantly trying to push something that is not up to ranking quality standards (speaking from Personal Experience)

and in your case you should also try to get better at playing to at least an insane/expert level so youd have a basic grasp of how the game functions and all of that
Topic Starter
Rimeeny

Butylcyclobutyn wrote:

(in my opinion) just improve ur mapping in general before trying to rank something honestly, spending time actually mapping gets you way further than constantly trying to push something that is not up to ranking quality standards (speaking from Personal Experience)

and in your case you should also try to get better at playing to at least an insane/expert level so youd have a basic grasp of how the game functions and all of that

Ok, thanks! I'm actually working on another song as well and was planning on making a few more before pushing for nomination (following the advice of the comments above) I hope that in some time in the future I might get a map ranked!
Sophie Twilight

Rimeeny wrote:

Butylcyclobutyn wrote:

Ok, thanks! I'm actually working on another song as well and was planning on making a few more before pushing for nomination (following the advice of the comments above) I hope that in some time in the future I might get a map ranked!
As long you have the dedication and patience for it, I will be cheering on you