forum

How to train rain?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HecaRegina
Thank you for those who attempted to help resolve my big issue on my previous thread. I manage to make some changes, both from my own and your advices. They were no longer of my concern. Also for not trolling me with "Play More".

I move past platter after getting very comfortable with it about 2 weeks ago.

However, I seem to be hard stuck at rain since then. There seems to be hardly any change, even after taking breaks.

1. Its the first time I've seen where I require the need to use more than 1 dashes consecutively.
How do you able to anticipate and read those parts where 2 or more dashes are required? I watched a tutorial video on youtube telling me not to hold my dash key, and yet I watched replays at the leaderboard, they seemed to hold them? So I'm confused to how to work on this.

2. What affects the catcher speed? AR? CS?
This because I realise a new problem crops up for rain. I tend to overshoot the next fruit quite often, whenever a hyperfruit dash was made. It's like the catcher suddenly moves so fast at times, others, they are just at the right speed.

That's about it. I can thank you enough for those who took my questions seriously since I started CTB around Dec last year. I hope to continue to add to be part of the CTB community and reach perhaps somewhere up there(?).
Nene Sakura
1. It depends. Even for one player things can be different sometimes. For continuous 1/2 hypers I often tap dash when angle is small and hold dash when angle is bigger. Find your comfortable way to play different patterns.

2. neither, only DT and HT affect catcher speed. However if you are talking about hyper fruit, the catcher is shortly accelerated before you catch or miss next note, the rate of acceleration depends on their distance and interval.

Since it's long times ago and I can't remember well how I tackle rain diffs, I can only answer these 2 questions. Hope it can help.
Topic Starter
HecaRegina

-Satori wrote:

2. neither, only DT and HT affect catcher speed. However if you are talking about hyper fruit, the catcher is shortly accelerated before you catch or miss next note, the rate of acceleration depends on their distance and interval.
Thank you for taking the time.

I never thought about the angle thing, I can try that.

Oh? I thought you have to catch it in order to activate it, that's the first I heard around here.

Also about acceleration, now I understand. So to be clear, this means within the same beat map, a hyperfruit will not necessarily give the same speed as another hyperfruit everytime?

Then, forgot to ask this, does the dash last until I release the key or until I reach where the next fruit is?
Nene Sakura

HecaRegina wrote:

Oh? I thought you have to catch it in order to activate it, that's the first I heard around here.
Yes, you need to catch the hyper fruit first to trigger it

HecaRegina wrote:

Also about acceleration, now I understand. So to be clear, this means within the same beat map, a hyperfruit will not necessarily give the same speed as another hyperfruit everytime?

Then, forgot to ask this, does the dash last until I release the key or until I reach where the next fruit is?
Basically, yes. The dash lasts until the timing of next fruit whether you release dash or not. Actually you gain acceleration even if you don't dash at all. When 2 fruits are close enough in time (typically < 1/8 beat for conventional BPM songs), you can catch hyperjumps by a walk (known as hyperwalk lol)

Here's an example of hyperwalk (first few sliders): beatmapsets/971465#fruits/2034017
Nikolai

Nikolai wrote:

play more
Topic Starter
HecaRegina

-Satori wrote:

Basically, yes. The dash lasts until the timing of next fruit whether you release dash or not. Actually you gain acceleration even if you don't dash at all. When 2 fruits are close enough in time (typically < 1/8 beat for conventional BPM songs), you can catch hyperjumps by a walk (known as hyperwalk lol)

Here's an example of hyperwalk (first few sliders): beatmapsets/971465#fruits/2034017
Thank you for your answers.

I didn't get the confirmation, because I wasn't too sure if you saying yes to both.

That is, based on the two factors you said earlier (distance and interval), different hyperfruit on the same map get different acceleration?
Nene Sakura

HecaRegina wrote:

-Satori wrote:

Thank you for your answers.

I didn't get the confirmation, because I wasn't too sure if you saying yes to both.

That is, based on the two factors you said earlier (distance and interval), different hyperfruit on the same map get different acceleration?
yes to both questions :)
I CAN FC
ar for fruit drop speed, cs for fruit and catcher size

your sight look at where?
try to look more high let you read the fruit faster
or try hd mod

tap dash, move control skill
it let you control dash speed not too fast
suddenly, i cant refer example
just sometimes if you hold dash will too fast, you can tap
or accurately control timing to do one press one loosen, but hard

however, i still say "just play more to know the rhythm well"