forum

how to read long streams in taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mikuhatsunegirl10
I can't pass some 5* maps because of complex long streams. I'm not good at them. I consider myself as a worst player in long stream maps. Will I improve them someday? I'm afraid of failure.
_oneegiri44
Personally, I always try to split them up in many smaller pattern so it‘s like kkkkddddkkddkdkdkkkdkkkdkdddkdddk and you do this: kkkk dddd kk dd kdkd kkkd kkkd kdddkdddk (but at some point you won‘t even notice anymore that you‘re splitting them up (at least for me)
Topic Starter
mikuhatsunegirl10
I can't split them up in many smaller pattern. Should I practice long streams in the editor mode?
apaajaboleh10
Imo in long stream, it's either you don't have enough stamina to hit them or you don't know how to hit them. For the stamina case, you can improve by playing on slower stream maps and work your way up. As for hitting, splitting them into smaller sections might help. You can start with simpler stream patterns I guess.

As for failing, everyone learns from failing, so there's nothing to worry about that.
dracobuster
I think the best way is to play the patterns on a slow stream. I learned how to do longer streams by playing easier long stream maps until I got at least half of the stream done. Once you do that you get better at reading and streams will become easier

beatmapsets/1066593#taiko/2233260 This is one I practiced a lot

beatmapsets/1222538#taiko/2542872 and this one has a nice long stream pattern near the middlish end of the song
Akazukin-MK2
Muscle memory. Play with HT until you can pass the map with ease but without changing play-style, I know some players *cough* me *cough* who change play-style for slower maps, you've to try keep your most efficient play-style otherwise it's pointless. I assume you're full-alt? I tried opening one of your replays but osu! keeps giving an error. If you aren't full-alt then it depends if you're single-tapping or not, because single-tapping is way harder than alternating, that could be (probably is) the reason why you cannot improve if you really are single-tapping.
Chhay_
bruh im the only one who have play style really weird and i never know about kddk ddkd what. i only focus on my right hand and its the most play tho my left hand just support i use my left hand like when there 3 red note or blue note like that that why im really bad at streams