forum

Making a beatmapset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kafaka
I just want to start mapping and want to make at least one beatmapset by my own. So, I want to ask someone who play longer and mapping for long time other than me .

How long it take to make mapset by just ourself for like 3 diff on 4min song?,
and which one is better, upload that mapset while I edit that or upload after I finish that mapset?,
also maybe some tips for my mapping improvement?
Asphiee
it depends solely on the mapper and some factors affect how long a mapper could take to finish a single diff

factors such as:

1. motivation
2. applied concept for the set
3. detailing

and such could affect the progress. But mostly full version songs (3-5 minutes) could take as little as 5-8 hours to 1-3 days of making. However, making the whole set yourself with a little or no experience could prove difficult since there are pretty much rules that has to be applied when making lower diffs.
somebody_33
Mapsets take days to complete, depending on song length. It is recommended to ask for GD's for other difficulties in the set.
Topic Starter
Kafaka

Asphiee wrote:

it depends solely on the mapper and some factors affect how long a mapper could take to finish a single diff

factors such as:

1. motivation
2. applied concept for the set
3. detailing

and such could affect the progress. But mostly full version songs (3-5 minutes) could take as little as 5-8 hours to 1-3 days of making. However, making the whole set yourself with a little or no experience could prove difficult since there are pretty much rules that has to be applied when making lower diffs.
thanks for that. I get that, it will take much more time since I am beginner.

But what is "applied concept" mean? does it like type of map that I use for the set?

somebody_33 wrote:

Mapsets take days to complete, depending on song length. It is recommended to ask for GD's for other difficulties in the set.
I'm pretty new on this kind of thing, is it possible to get any GD's from other?
Asphiee

kafakahafiz wrote:

But what is "applied concept" mean? does it like type of map that I use for the set?
this map should explain everything. check out the description, the concept is in "Difficulty Guide", i picked this since its the most easiest to spot and tell even from the new mapper's eye
Topic Starter
Kafaka

Asphiee wrote:

this map should explain everything. check out the description, the concept is in "Difficulty Guide", i picked this since its the most easiest to spot and tell even from the new mapper's eye
Thanks for the example, I'll read it and try to understand what is that mean.
lewski

Asphiee wrote:

this map
duuuuuude just get out of 2016
Asphiee

lewski wrote:

Asphiee wrote:

this map
duuuuuude just get out of 2016
Bruh, it's the concept that is most easiest to understand as far as my limited knowledge knows 😆 as long as OP got the meaning its fine
lewski
setwide and even mapwide limitation concepts are so zzz just say like map complexity or something its a way more common reason for slow mapping and doesnt promote 2016 concept mapping to new mappers
Asphiee

lewski wrote:

setwide and even mapwide limitation concepts are so zzz just say like map complexity or something its a way more common reason for slow mapping and doesnt promote 2016 concept mapping to new mappers
howcomeididntthinkofthis.... mybraincellsaredying
Topic Starter
Kafaka

lewski wrote:

just say like map complexity or something its a way more common reason for slow mapping
what does this mean? especially "map complexity". I'm sorry, but I have no clue what is that.
lewski
nothing weird, just how complex/complicated the map is, since more thinking = more time
somebody_33
Map complexity includes things like slider shapes, rhythms, mapping style, etc. Pretty simple topic.
Topic Starter
Kafaka
I see..
so basically the one way if I want to make a good map is from getting more feedback on my map and I need to experiencing to mapping just not 1-2 song but more? right?
lewski
yeah if you want to make a good map you need experience, in other words you need to map a lot and get feedback
somebody_33

lewski wrote:

yeah if you want to make a good map you need experience, in other words you need to map a lot and get feedback
True! The more you map, the more you improve! Also pay attention to modders - they will help you if there is any problem in your maps!
Topic Starter
Kafaka
Aight! I get that, thanks!

Another thing I want to ask, how to modificate hitsound, like add/change. am I need to put hitsound file that I need all to the map folder? and how do I change that after I put that file on?
I had struggle on that.
Nao Tomori
Topic Starter
Kafaka
Sugar_owo

kafakahafiz wrote:

I just want to start mapping and want to make at least one beatmapset by my own. So, I want to ask someone who play longer and mapping for long time other than me .

How long it take to make mapset by just ourself for like 3 diff on 4min song?,
and which one is better, upload that mapset while I edit that or upload after I finish that mapset?,
also maybe some tips for my mapping improvement?
One beatmap set on your own may be tough depending on some stuff.

For on your own for a song 4 minutes long with 3 difficulties will depend on your motivation and how long you've been mapping for. It also would need hit sounding and different combos added from time to time so it doesn't stack in catch. The amount of time depends on stuff that you have to do in your real life too, like school/work and such.

If you decide to upload the full version then that may take a while depending on the stuff I said before. You can upload small little chunks of one song/diff at once and go from there but that will also take a while. Once you finish I recommend asking some people to mod your map to see if it's good enough to get ranked if you want it to get ranked. Go to some different people at different times 'till you think it's good enough, then go find your nominators and such ^^

(sorry if this didn't make any sense at all)
Topic Starter
Kafaka

Sugar_owo wrote:

One beatmap set on your own may be tough depending on some stuff.

For on your own for a song 4 minutes long with 3 difficulties will depend on your motivation and how long you've been mapping for.
yeah, I do feel that struggle of motivation to make that with all of the stuff that I need to put on that, and also I can't leave my real life (like you said).
So I decided that was my top goal to mapping, and just start with shorter songs. Actually, I've already working on one map and it's like half way till finish.
Thanks you!!