forum

Anti dualscreening feature [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
apple_piez
Activating both flashlight + hidden mod in any mode will make the song speed up or slow down around 1% (or even down to 0.1% if that's too much).

This should be easy to implement because it's like a invisible doubletime mod, it should make dual screening very hard because there will be an extra second (or a few milliseconds) to account for by the end of a 1 minute song.

It won't affect normal flashlight + hidden players because they remember the beatmap based on the music and muscle memory. The BPM of a 300 BPM song will only fluctuate by 3 BPM and that's insignificant.
jesse1412

apple_piez wrote:

Activating both flashlight + hidden mod in any mode will make the song speed up or slow down around 1% (or even down to 0.1% if that's too much).

This should be easy to implement because it's like a invisible doubletime mod, it should make dual screening very hard because there will be an extra second (or a few milliseconds) to account for by the end of a 1 minute song.

It won't affect normal flashlight + hidden players because they remember the beatmap based on the music and muscle memory. The BPM of a 300 BPM song will only fluctuate by 3 BPM and that's insignificant.
3BPM is VERY significant.
Topic Starter
apple_piez
That's why I said it can go down to 0.1%, we have to find the balance between anti-dualscreening or a feature just a nuisance for players, also I doubt many people would be playing with hidden+flashlight at a 300 bpm approval map unless they love the map or are dualscreening.
Saten
Messing with the tempo is not such a good idea though.
Nothing that I want to see. Probably not any legit players would want that either.

Even if this gets implemented, you would still be able to figure out the beats in a way or another.

The tempo needs to be changed in a higher scale for it to work properly and that's most likely out of the question.
Ephemeral
0.1% bpm shift in the song will throw the offset anywhere from 5-50ms off over the course of the song

dualscreening is difficult enough as is and besides, so long as our eyes have awakened, this sort of stuff gets found out pretty quickly
MillhioreF
There's already a random delay at the start of a map during loading (very small, something like 0-100ms) to counter this, any more isn't really necessary and could get in the way of play.
theowest
and can't you even read off paper notes and "cheat" that way too? I wonder what the effects of disallowing the hidden + flashlight mod combination would be. Many seem to hate those who "cheat" with it already.
Winshley
I rarely play Taiko, but I do have HD+FL scores (well, 8 out of 8 maps :lol:). I do wonder whether people would believe my scores though. I only did maps that are easy to memorize (e.g: short song, repetitive patterns). <.<;;