forum

New to mapping + First map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Batticus
Hi all!

I've been playing Osu! for a while now, and have dabbled in mapping now and then. I decided to try my hand at mapping, as I always find myself wanted to map things. I finished my first map recently with the expectation of trying to get it ranked but, after having browsed the forum a bit, it seems to be recommended that one does not make their first map with the intention of getting it ranked. Moreover, I haven’t seen any mods that accept first maps, although I have no doubt they’re out there and I haven't gone through all the queues.

Having said that, I’m not entirely sure what the best place is to get feedback on my map, and am hoping that this forum is a good start/the right place.

I have adhered to the Wiki’s ranking criteria as best I can (I hope,) and wanted to find out if anyone would like to provide some feedback for me? It’d be cool if there was hope to have it ranked, but if it’s too far gone, then I guess s**t happens.

There are 2 diffs:
Easy – 1.35*
Normal – 1.87*
Hard - 3.57

These are some possible concerns that stood out to me:

1. The ‘kick’ hitsound is very similar to the songs kick. While it is somewhat noticeable, I’m not sure if it’s too similar.
  2. I don’t know if the map is supposed to be more ‘symmetrical.’ I read a bit about symmetry when in maps, but I do not recall if it was a requirement.
  3. Easy Diff – Hit object 1 (slider) at 02:20:081 – This only happens once. Is that too out of place? Does it break the flow too much?
  4. Normal Diff – Hit object 6 (circle) at 00:39:718 - Seemed right at the time, but if my concern regarding the hit object for Easy Diff mentioned above, then the same would apply here.
  5. Normal Diff – The Wiki mentions that difficulty does not necessarily have to be dictated by the star rating. Does this apply here?
  6. In general, does it have a decent flow? I do expect it will be a little wonky, as it is my first map.
Thank you!

Link: beatmapsets/1393654#osu/2876961

Edit:
It took some time, but I've completed hard diff now. It's a bit all over the place, but I think it's decent for a first map. This was my intention for the map, to have Easy, Normal and Hard diffs.
katiola1
Hi im new in mapping too.
i like to do some shit maps and good maps :/
i can't do beatmaps and that's why i do shit maps :(
ehhhhh.....oh and i don't know how to share beatmaps.
Can some one help me with that? please......................
Mentee

katiola1 wrote:

Hi im new in mapping too.
i like to do some shit maps and good maps :/
i can't do beatmaps and that's why i do shit maps :(
ehhhhh.....oh and i don't know how to share beatmaps.
Can some one help me with that? please......................
Heya!

In the editor choose said map that your going to be publishing for everyone to see. On the top left under "File" you can see a button that says "Publish Beatmap". Be sure to follow the submission guidelines and meet said requirements.

Happy mapping!