forum

Mouse: One reason you don't want to play mouse anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
those
Or list more than one reason if you want.

1. No absolute positioning; sometimes I run out of space on my desk and I'm forced to miss an object that's too far in one direction.
Miracle Lotus
Too much friction.
Aqo
Not enough room on my main PC table for a QCK+

Otherwise I'd only play mouse 100% of the time
Lybydose
Useless in mania
YodaSnipe

Lybydose wrote:

Useless in mania
oh bby
Miracle Lotus

YodaSnipe wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

Useless in mania
oh bby

bby pls
D33d
Desk space is generally something that inhibits me, but to be fair, that's only an issue with maps which are designed poorly.
boat
cba
Almost

those wrote:

1. No absolute positioning; sometimes I run out of space on my desk and I'm forced to miss an object that's too far in one direction.
That and sometimes my mouse doesn't move properly because I don't have a proper surface to play on.
Lance
I don't understand how people run out of desk space. A properly configured mouse playing on a proper surface should always stay in the same given area, yes? Anyways, I just like playing mouse more than tablet (played tablet for about a month). Maus4lyfe
Icyteru
I still use mouse, but I hate it.
GoldenWolf
I miss 20 times more with a mouse.
lolcubes

Lybydose wrote:

Useless in mania taiko.
Yep.
MMzz
I have more fun with a tablet.
Low
same as OP on top of the fact that i'm very fluid with writing implements and i feel it would be similar with a tablet
Hika
I jump better with a tablet. When I first started, I always ran out of desk space and it forced me to stop.
TakuMii
I'm going to go against what this thread is about and say I still play mouse because I hunted down a zero-acceleration mouse (there's only like 7 different mice on the market that has no acceleration, research online for mice with the Avago 3090 sensor). It's as close as you can get to absolute positioning, so I always stay on my mousepad.

BTW, there's a Bamboo tablet sitting beside me, and I'm as accurate with it compared to my mouse except for the fact that because I'm a lefty, I'm forced to use the keyboard with my right hand, which has absolutely no stamina for streams.
chelly
How are you guys running out of desk space? My mouse NEVER hits the boundary of my mousepad, ever.

Diagram of my mousepad in actual size:
http://imageshack.us/a/img213/5093/04052013.png

I use a wireless mouse at x1.4 sensitivity btw
Sup A Noob
Imperator.

In other news, I'm still mousing. A different one.
NixXSkate

Sup A Noob wrote:

Imperator.
so many Razer mice have god awful z-tracking, i was also a victim of the Imperator

anyway for me it's spinning, i would do anything to spin better. idk how people like kyuten or Inozuma spin so fast yet controlled with mice
TamaraMarie

Lybydose wrote:

Useless in mania
Kanye West
Wow how do you guys run out of desk space with a mouse? I play 270 dpi 6/11 and have plenty of space.
TakuMii

Kanye West wrote:

Wow how do you guys run out of desk space with a mouse? I play 270 dpi 6/11 and have plenty of space.
do you lift
Naikaze
Same as OP...
ethox
I'm in a terrible need of a new table. I should use a wider spread on my hands which is not possible at the moment and each time I try to spin >440 monitor starts to shake and the table feels like it'll fall apart. That and my arms are quite retarded not always remembering the grip so it's tedious to find it over and over again for different map styles.

If I had a better table I'd see no cons using mouse over tablet.
Winshley

ethox wrote:

If I had a better table I'd see no cons using mouse over tablet.
^ This. I don't have proper surface to play sometimes, as I'm playing on laptop such as right now (using bed as the table, which is totally uncomfortable). Kinda sucks that I often travel around with it.

On another note: the reason I'll still stick with mouse is because tablets are expensive anyway, and I would prefer playing with on-screen tablet (even more expensive) because I sucked so hard playing with my sister's WACOM Bamboo Fun tablet.
primrose
Hard. but fun for me (a bit, not really)

Also I suck 10x with a mouse. Srsly
Stregan
Having a combo break after spinners in double time
Jordan
I run out of space everytime
3€ mice
It loses tracking at random

There are A LOT of other things which limit my aiming skill but these are the main reasons
Azer
On long maps with no breaks, my mouse slides a little and I always end up in a weird hand position and it fucks up my accuracy.
show more