forum

[Rule] Audio in Video

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
those
Currently we have this in the guidelines:
Try to keep osz files under 10mb, or 24mb if you include a video/storyboard (please remove the audio track from video files to save space).
I plan to move the bracketed part into the rule section to consistently remove all audio tracks from videos for mapsets. Somehow I thought it was a rule all along, but after some research it appears it is not the case.

If anybody has any rejections, please bring them here with valid reasons as to why this should not be in the rules:

Proposed rule:
The audio track from video files must be removed.
Makar
I support this. I had also thought that it was a rule for as long as I have been modding. I did some searched and found no discussion whatsoever about it being changed to a guideline.

A video with an audio track is going to be smaller. Whether or not it is under a certain size doesn't matter (smaller will always be better). It also takes very little effort to remove the audio from the video, and those that can't do it can ask others' to assist them.
Marcin
I always thought it's rule too!
Well, so if it's not, then support aswell, because it's unnecessary, and takes as much, as mp3 file for the beatmap takes.
Gonzvlo
This has been an implicit rule for many years, there's not much to be discussed, supporting this as well
Stefan
This was.. only a guideline? lol
Makar
This should be moved to finalized seeing that it has a heart... right?
Pokie
Moved to Finalized