forum

Help with mania offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
So I'm kinda of confused whether my timing is messed up because of wrong offset, on other games I use 50 offset because my taps are somehow lat, but I don't feel that 0 offset is the right for me in osu mania, I mostly get late music and I don't feel the beat. I feel like the music is a earlier and it feels like the switches are making my clicks late.

BTW are keyboard switches related to this problem? I use gateron reds I want to know how much offset I need to add so I perfectly time it.
Zelzatter Zero
Maybe it's just me, but in most mania gameplay it tends to be later when the offset is 0 than standard. In order to have the keyboard press actually syncs with the music I have to adjust it in like -50ms~-60ms of universal offset.
ok bye
Keyboard switches shouldn't cause an issue with offset, it could be a skinning issue with your hitposition or some other things. You can try to see if something from here solves your issue community/forums/topics/1217364
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

ok bye wrote:

Keyboard switches shouldn't cause an issue with offset, it could be a skinning issue with your hitposition or some other things. You can try to see if something from here solves your issue community/forums/topics/1217364
I think I'm going to have to go with zelzatter. My offset of -50 does make it sync with the music, and I think its the switches, the travelling time of my gateron feels like its delaying the register time of my fingers compared to a laptop keyboard where there is almost zero delay the moment I drop my fingers. Btw whats the difference of hitposition and offset?
[LS]PositoniX
universal offset should only be used to compensate for latency from your hardware as instead of just applying to the song it applies to the entire client in a way that everything appears some miliseconds early or late.

if you have hardware that warrants the use of universal offset than try changing the local offset on maps by pressing either = or - while in a map.

DXPOHIHIHI wrote:

Btw whats the difference of hitposition and offset?
hitposition is a skinning variable. it is the location of where the notes are supposed to be hit. simply put, higher hitpos means that the hit position is lower on the screen, and lower hitpos means the the hit position is higher on the screen.

the location of the receptors is independent from the hit position however so you need to move the receptors in the png/jpg image up or down.

if you want help with this than dm me on discord (my tag is positonix#4444)
animeslayergp
well since im able to get 1m scores pretty often,i keep mine at zero unless im dealing with a weird map where my hits are constantly perfect instead of marvelous,i also find that on some maps that messing with mods like mirror,dt,nc help with my acc
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Well nvm guys I found out it was the skin, might the offset thingy, I tried my friend's skin and it works on my -50ms offset.