forum

osu!minecraft - redux [vanilla + factions]

posted
Total Posts
show more
whymeman
Also, if anyone suffered serious damage from the incident (homes lost and such), send me a forum PM and i'll help looking into the reconstruction and restoration. I'll still be around often to look into it but let me know when you can be on as well.
walao
Looks cool, might join sometime later. The server is up to date atm though right?
whymeman

toloveruu wrote:

Looks cool, might join sometime later. The server is up to date atm though right?
Normally, yes. It keeps up with the speed the bukkit builds (and plugins) come out.
ZlofZ
Not sure if I should post this here but I'll do it anyway.
Suddenly I can't connect to the server even though I've been on before.
Minecraft tells me to link accounts but I've already done that, also I tried "relinking", writing my username again in the link box but nothing ;_;
whymeman
I guess the user authorization thing is broken again.... :o We'll have it checked out.
BeatMaster007
Still not working as of this post time (account needs to be linked error)
DarkStoorM
I just hope that my stuff didn't suffer at all... anyway, any news on the linking error?
BeatMaster007
Just asking for an ETA as to when the minecraft server / osu!Auth thing will be back up and operational again... that or you will first upgrade it to 1.6.2 or w/e comes out...?

Not to pester you guys or anything like that, just that its been 5 days since it became inaccessible
whymeman
Sorry about the delay. The server is back up and verification is now fixed (thanks again for checking into it Eph).
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
also upgraded to 1.6.2 and added mcname <name> commands that will get you the minecraft username of any online player
13Kenzy
As of today, July 11 2013, 20:57 PM, i spotted this:

It must be those darned griefers who made their way in and severely damaged my home. My garden is also damaged with stepped-on plots and missing fences
Omio9999
If the mods want to copy this into a new thread just for Mineshafter peeps, I'd recommend it.

For those of you that are having trouble with installed mods [I'm looking at you, people with Mineshafter Squared], here's a bit of info:

Ever since the new launcher from Mojang, mods are auto-reverted due to minecraft checking the sha5 of a file with the official images, and installing fresh resources [thus making you lose anything you've tweaked].

To stop the new launcher from doing this:

Open the '.minecraft' folder [ %appdata% -> .minecraft ]
Open the 'versions' folder
Open up the version you want to play [should be server version]
Open up the jar file with 7-zip or whatever, LEAVE IT OPEN.
Start Minecraft up with the compression tool above still open.
Aoiyuuki-
Since I use MineshafterSquared, I would like to ask something...

Is this the end for people who use Mineshafter?
Now that the server's 1.6.2, people that use Mineshafter can't go on now.
(Because of the new launcher. Also tried force updating, but that obviously didn't work.)

Which leads me to the question/ main point in this post
Anyone know a way to use 1.6.2 with Mineshafter? Just asking, but I doubt that there's a way for that but if there's one... Tell me.

EDIT: I now know that there's a Mineshafter with 1.6.2. Though I think it's in progress...
Flanster

13Kenzy wrote:

It must be those darned griefers who made their way in and severely damaged my home. My garden is also damaged with stepped-on plots and missing fences
Bummer... careful where you build your stuff.
13Kenzy

LoliFlan wrote:

13Kenzy wrote:

Bummer... careful where you build your stuff.
The house being near the road is one of the problems, but the group of griefers who entered this server and started griefing homes (i heard that happen about a week ago) with the main griefer probably damaging not only my house, but others... I can request a repair to the roofing as it costs heck loads of wood but I can repair the walls without a problem...
whymeman

whymeman wrote:

Also, if anyone suffered serious damage from the incident (homes lost and such), send me a forum PM and i'll help looking into the reconstruction and restoration. I'll still be around often to look into it but let me know when you can be on as well.
Posted that from the previous page. Also, i'm kinda stuck again trying to figure out the "mod friendly" update that Mojang Royally screwed over to get the mods running and my edited default GUI textures back.

Oh screw it.... they friggin "jailed" the files through auto-verification now. So anything that doesn't match with the database gets wiped or reset. Editing the texture files didn't help either since they are forced defaulted. Also, minecraft.jar doesn't exist anymore so no point in working with it after the 1.6 update. Honestly, it's pretty stupid being forced to use the tex-.... I mean resource packs just to get a SMALL skin edit. I never heard of such a silly thing. And I'm not seeing anything "Mod Friendly" with the current build either for the fact they are force-reloading files to prevent the Mineshafter from working, but also hurting those that have legit copies.
Lizzehb
So I posted my username in the thing to get on the server and it still won't let me on. :(
whymeman
After another painful 4 hours of research, I found a *decent* solution that worked with installing mods. Though, I had issues with 1.5.2...

Jinxy
Looks like the same method to me except for the multiple jars, though I use MultiMC myself which would really have made all that easier. Did you remove META-INF?
whymeman
That's a must when doing the mod(s). But, you don't want to use the main version files the launcher checks on (i.e. 1.6.2 folder with the files inside it). You'll end up with a setup like this...

Note the files that don't have "custom" added to it are the original which you shouldn't bother with editing since it gets reverted. The only other problem is to get the mods to work since some of them will load a bit blochy, halfway, or not at all. Also as a warning, you may have compatibility + launching issues trying to use the mods in versions before 1.6

Edit: Managed to load Minimap without Modloader. But that's all i'm trying for 1.5.2
13Kenzy
Something is going on with this server... Since late morning (around 10: 45 UTC +8), it kicked me out with that Internal Exception: Java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer.

And even right now at 19:13 UTC +8, it says the same "Internal Exception: Java.net.SocketException:" but this time it's all "Connection reset."
It cannot be my internet because I can play on another Minecraft server perfectly without any lags nor disconnections.... Something's up....
whymeman
Well, I found out why my sound breaks.....

OnosakiHito

Well, time to recover my island.
Thank you for your support whymeman!
whymeman
You're welcome Ono ( o 3o)

Also found out I could load Rei's Minimap and TMI without using Modloader. It seems there may be a chance a Modloader was coded in for the current launcher build as using the Modloader mod itself actually broke stuff in a horrible way.
Jinxy
Use Forge instead, it seems to be better/less broken, and has its own modloader inside.
OnosakiHito

Done for now~
OnosakiHito

Someone really dosen't like me.
But this person didn't know that everything is save now. lol
whymeman
I heard someone came into the server a few days ago to troll. But failed and got killed :~u

Also, i've been getting some INTENSE lag from Multiplayer. Not sure if its the build or Mojang's DB is crapping out again as usual.
winber1

whymeman wrote:

I heard someone came into the server a few days ago to troll. But failed and got killed :~u

Also, i've been getting some INTENSE lag from Multiplayer. Not sure if its the build or Mojang's DB is crapping out again as usual.
Yea, i'm getting it too.

On another note. I need to stop taking like 3 week breaks from this server or else I keep getting kicked out of the faction >_>
Some reason I can only play minecraft in short bursts of time otherwise I get bored. It's not really helping my cause though..lol
OnosakiHito
I really think we should make the server more interesting. Adding mods isn't that hard at all.
And right now there are just PLENTY of players in. It's just for fun, but having some more people and features wouldn't hurt at all... as winber said, after some hours it becomes boring, especially because everyone is spreaded around. meh

My house got destroyed, okay, but this was an live up for me, which leaded to a mending of my island!
I would have some ideas how live up things, but the question is if there would be made any changes anyway?
Since we are few people, we could at least shape it for out taste. Maybe people like it as well after that change.

whymeman, what do you think about this?
whymeman
Hmm... It would be nice actually. Most people that appear on only thinks osu!craft is only about mining and building stuff (and being a jerk griefing for no reason). Having some stuff to keep it interesting would be cool. The only question is what.

Though i've been thinking on the custom map option for some time, but not sure if it would be accepted or not. I'll have to use a new map for it since the project started around 1.4's
DarkStoorM
So, the Mineshafter got updated, so I tried to get in, to check if my "base" still exists.
Of course I'm still getting "Failed to verify username" error. Maybe it still needs an update, dunno.

Damn it :V
Kert
Taken from mineshaftersquared homepage:
Myko
I think you should update the server for allowing cracked versions (installing a plugin for password though) because I was told on a tutorial for Minshafter Square that all servers were shut down, meaning that we can't get to the server anymore

if you read this, pls find a solution, since I found #minecraft I want to go in the server so much ;-;

The Mykonian
Lizzehb
Still can't get on the server. I entered my name into the thing.....forever ago. Can someone actually respond please?
Myko
mineshafter's servers are down apparently

found 2 players speaking french and insulting everyone in the server, here they are
raphael59360, Mattdu50
with raphael laughing at my username...
whymeman
If there's any serious trouble going on in the server, just send me a forum PM.
13Kenzy
Thanks to the no "passthrough" thing, I have been inactive on the server for over 2 MONTHS!!!! I certainly hope my permanent faction is still there guarding my home and the Diamonds in it...
OnosakiHito
I have to thank the one who is attacking me permanently.
#1 Attack was really beneficial for me, since I rebuild my whole house and now it looks much better.
http://puu.sh/3DG2J.jpg -> http://puu.sh/4i8Gs.jpg
#2 Attack made me more careful in some aspects.
#3 Attack gave me now my own monster farm:

So yeah, thumbs up stupid.
whymeman
So, I just got home, found two emails of wide spread damages [and here too] happening from a griefer. Wasn't too happy about it and explored around a bit. Had to do some repairs to the road due to the man-made damages caused and saw [sadly] that MikuMiku got wrecked even though the faction still exists. After taking a look around, it came to me that someone obviously used fly hacks along with other cheats to cause such destruction in a short time. I'll have the matter checked out, but if you're missing any stuff, please let me know.
show more