forum

(API) Accessing ALL most_played beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Cascat
I thought it would be cool to make a little script that would make an occurrence chart of how many times players play maps with an assumed bell curve trend ranging from maps you've played hundreds of times to those you aced (or gave up) on one try.
I have a script that returns an array of the number of plays and another for the number of beatmaps with that many plays, but I can only seem to get up to 51 beatmaps with a single request. I could send multiple requests, offset by the number of maps already received, but I can't imagine that would sit well with players who have tens of thousands of maps played. Anyone out there know how I can get all of a user's beatmaps (and plays on them) with a single request? I suspect the problem here is that I don't know how to use the oAuth token, but I can't be sure.

Here's the script I threw together (yes I'm aware the total map counter is broken in the paste and no my key is not in the paste)
kaedori
Just a question, why would you need maps that you gave up on one try? It seems extremely unnecessary to get every single map a player has played.

The 51 beatmaps maximum seems to be an internal limit, and not your problem/fault. Don't worry about it
Topic Starter
_Cascat

TTChaos wrote:

Just a question, why would you need maps that you gave up on one try? It seems extremely unnecessary to get every single map a player has played.

The 51 beatmaps maximum seems to be an internal limit, and not your problem/fault. Don't worry about it
Well, I mean not everyone knows how hard a beatmap will be before they play it. Even if you know the star ranking it might still be too tough to handle.

Should this be an internal limit, what, to you, would be a morally acceptable number of requests? The project itself is unnecessary, but to go halfway and pick the top 50 most played defeats its purpose.