forum

Separate 4k/7k Stats

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeltaNami
This is something I've been thinking about for a while, since I started learning 7k a few months ago. My biggest issue with learning 7k is that I can't keep track of my progress easily. Whenever I get a high pp play, I have to write it down on my profile to keep track of it, so that's already a bit annoying. Not only that, but I have no easy way of knowing any star medals I've gotten in 7k (i.e. passed 4 star, fc'ed 6 star etc.) Sure the way of writing them down is possible, but it's such a hassle and makes me want to learn on 02jam or BMS instead.

Before you say anything, I already know that it keeps track of your separate rankings and total pp per keymode, but that doesn't really help the issue much. I don't really care about what rank I am in each mode (though it is useful to keep in ofc), I just want to know how I'm improving or where I can improve. To make this less of a complaint thread, I'd like to share an idea that I think would be useful - if not a little difficult to implement:

I don't think 4k and 7k should be split into separate gamemodes entirely per se, but more of a tab feature. Maybe on top performances you can switch between 4-6k and 7k+ to see separate top plays. It could also be just 4k and 7k tabs, or 4-5k and 6k+ or whatever people would decide on. This could also be put onto medals to solve the aforementioned star level issue I had. And as mentioned before, I don't think they should totally separate the two, so all plays and scores would still go to the same overall mania profile. This is just a way to view some important stats that I think would be really cool to see.

I can understand the difficulties of implementing such a system (especially server-side in regards to top plays), so I don't expect anything like this to happen anytime soon, but more of just food for thought. Let me know some of your opinions and ideas that might help improve this issue!
_Owen_
http://doughno.ddns.net/xk here is a website I found you can look at all your top plays separated by keymode.

Here is the reddit post going into more detail. https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/exre2l/mania_separate_pp_for_different_keymodes_website/
Topic Starter
DeltaNami

_Owen_ wrote:

http://doughno.ddns.net/xk here is a website I found you can look at all your top plays separated by keymode.

Here is the reddit post going into more detail. https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/exre2l/mania_separate_pp_for_different_keymodes_website/
Ooohh I didn't know this existed! Yeah, this is basically most of what I was looking for, so thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I still wish it would show the medals you've gotten - at least for star passes, but otherwise, this is really nice! Still, I don't know why something like this isn't already implemented to the official site, but w/e. I guess all we can do is hope and pray.
[LS]PositoniX
this should go in the suggestion subforum/github

that aside, i absolutely agree with this. quaver does this; 4k and 7k have seperate leaderboards with no combined leaderboard, which is how it should be imo. 4k and 7k and completely different from each other, they're essentially completely different gamemodes and should be treated as such. the combined leaderboard does very little to reward mastery of both keymodes; before being banned, 2ard reached #2 in the world with pretty mediocre 4key skills compared to his 7k, so people who do argue this as a valid reason why leaderboards should be combined are wrong. the global leaderboards dont encourage mastery of both keymodes, only mastery of 7k. there's some exceptions to this; kalkai probably wouldnt be #2 on the leaderboard without his incredible 4k skills, but my previous points stand regardless.

i would also like there to be an option to set a favorite keycount which will show up automatically on your profile page, with your rank in it being shown ingame or in multi lobbies. since mania's ranked session is so versatile with keymodes from 4k to 9k, something as extreme as complete seperation of all keymodes isnt likely, though i would definitely like it