forum

I'm tired of letting my biggest weakness affecting my enjoyment

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HecaRegina
One main reason I switched from Standard to CTB was because of this one weakness I had is affecting my Standard play. It affecting my enjoyment as I do want to FC things once in a while besides just enjoying the gameplay and song. You know that feeling, when each time you play if you see it enough, it can become an annoyance even if your goals differ.

Basically, like 90-95% of my misses are simply me being having a very too fast reaction for the beatmap.

In standard, I move my cursor away from the current circle to the next circle before I am supposed to hit it.
In CTB, I started moving away from the current fruit to the next fruit before it hits my catcher.

In STD, this happens only from AR9 onwards.
In CTB, its AR8. I never played any higher AR since I've been doing Platter all this while.

I have tried many ways to solve this issue in STD:

1. Play low bpm maps, which is ironic since I play more low bpm songs than fast bpms. In CTB, same thing, I play more low bpms than high bpms.

2. Play low ar maps, well... the problem never happens in low ar. It went away completely. Only at AR9+ will it happen, despite many offline practices.

3. I can't play high bpm maps, HR nor DT. My reaction isn't fast enough to do in STD, so I don't think this stems from me constantly play fast songs or extremely high ARs.

4. I have taken breaks. In fact multiple breaks of 1 week or more. It will be there again after day 2.

5. Someone suggested that this error will go away in time. Looking back at my STD, with many offline plays, that's completely false.

I'm just don't want to repeat the same cycle in CTB. I tried a bit of the method above and it's the same result. Once I go AR8 the problem persistently occurred.

I am here writing this in the hopes that someone, anyone, have some kind of assistance to my dilemma. I have hired someone to help me, ask a few friends, but it's still there. I'm at my wits end to this game, the only game that I play consistently and frequently.

Thank you.
Nene Sakura
not sure if its useful, just my feeling while playing and improving in ctb

imo early movement often happens when ar is too low for you, not sure if you can read ar9, if you need training, you can start from some easier convert maps rather than ctb rain diffs which are rather harder (and easier rain is often below ar9, it's a good start for rain if you can almost master platter diffs)

1. for ctb specific maps, lower bpm means further distance between fruits, you can try some higher bpm platter map since they need more speed and less cross screen jumps which may be hard for your current status

2. idk... but ar7 maps are usually very easy maps (hard in std, salad in ctb), surely you won't have a bad time catching them. Actually ar7- is very painful on harder maps, but there are very few of them so it's not a good way for training focusing on easy maps

3. you don't need to learn hr at this time (I mean ar9.8+), hr in ctb is much harder than in std because the speed of your catcher is finite, and you need to memorize some patterns when ar is high. training dt is not a must, you can play dt on salad diff to get used to catcher speed but it's ok if you don't train it

4. no idea lol, I don't want to say it but play more

5. same as 4

my opinion is that you just play too little time, if you can play 10k pc or so, you can definitely be good at platter or harder diff
I CAN FC
beatmapsets/730633#fruits/1541958
set different ar then start the jump
but you may need to improve basic skill first to adept that pattern

usually suggest just play more
learn better move control and adapt high speed
this part is like satori say
Topic Starter
HecaRegina
Thank you for your responses despite this anguish and frustration post.

I'll consider all of them. Anything that is new can be helpful for me so I'll take them.
animeslayergp
once i realized i cant really go anywhere in the game,i just started grinding out ss in all gamemodes (accept for takio rn because thats kinda complicated) and have been focusing on the score and mod leaderboards
Tianred
I feel identified.
LyronXXX
sounds like adjusting the universal offset could help
Nikolai

██████████████████████████████████████
█────────────────────────────────────█
█────▄▄▄▄▄▄▄─────────███████████████─█
█──▄▀───────▀▄───────█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█─█
█─█───█───█───█──────█░ Catch The Beat ░█─█
█─█───────────█▄─────█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█─█
█─▀▄───▄▄▄───▄▀██▄───█░░░░░██░░░░░░█─█