forum

Thumbnail mapping problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vancs
So basically, my osu thumbnails for the beat map I’m working on has a different image than what’s displayed in the back. The one in the back should be what is displayed on the rectangular boxes on the song screen. I tried looking for answers and all I came to was something like a database file, I tried deleting it and it just made me process all my beatmaps and it didn’t help. Does anyone know how to fix this, or of a way to get osu! To help with it?

beatmapsets/1377179#osu/2848106

This is the beatmap, on my end it shows a "dragon" but the background is clearly different.
DeletedUser_13957006
please host the image somewhere on the internet
TheKingHenry
also, perhaps you don't mind, but since I know some people do, your (supposedly) real name is visible in the current path just saying

Aiq wrote:

please host the image somewhere on the internet
if you don't know how to do this, you can google it and multiple options will probably pop up

I'm presuming you don't have any image hosting stuff on you, but if you happen to have discord you can do this with it too
AddGore
local file paths dont work
JBHyperion
Removed the local filepath from OP - as others have said, please use an image hosting site to share a screenshot. Providing a link to the beatmap in question (if it is uploaded to BSS) would also help.

To attempt answering your question, please try the following:
1. Check if the incorrect thumbnail is present in the game client, on the website beatmap page, or both.
2. Change something else in the beatmap and update, to check that the beatmap package is updating correctly.
3. Check that the desired background image is the only image file in the song folder, and that each .osu file correctly points to this filename for the background image. You can check this in the following section:

[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"background.jpg",0,0

4. Clear the local thumbnail cache. This is located in
E:\osu!\Data\bt
This will force osu! to re-process your beatmaps and should correctly cache the updated thumbnail.
Topic Starter
vancs

JBHyperion wrote:

Removed the local filepath from OP - as others have said, please use an image hosting site to share a screenshot. Providing a link to the beatmap in question (if it is uploaded to BSS) would also help.

To attempt answering your question, please try the following:
1. Check if the incorrect thumbnail is present in the game client, on the website beatmap page, or both.
2. Change something else in the beatmap and update, to check that the beatmap package is updating correctly.
3. Check that the desired background image is the only image file in the song folder, and that each .osu file correctly points to this filename for the background image. You can check this in the following section:

[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"background.jpg",0,0

4. Clear the local thumbnail cache. This is located in
E:\osu!\Data\bt
This will force osu! to re-process your beatmaps and should correctly cache the updated thumbnail.
I've tried 1,2,3, and 4 i'm not so sure how to do, but the others- none of them worked, I tried to look at other threads to see if someone had the same problem but I couldn't come across any. However I did see a sentence from a support team member saying something like This may have to sit and wait, it can't be locally fixed or something. I've tried to update the beatmap. I've also tried f5'ing, that didn't work and I also toggled with settings a bit too, but I couldn't come to a resolve with this. Would this make my beatmap not get ranked? I'm not sure, but i'm going to keep working on it just incase. Thank you for noticing, and replying :)