forum

What are your thoughts on the taiko community?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
somebody_33
I've gotten several DM's in discord saying the taiko community is toxic and bad. Also, some random four to three digits are flaming me for farming 4*/high OD converts. What are your thoughts on the taiko community? I'd like to know.
Sugar_owo
This may sound strange, so don't freaking roast me for putting this out here lol
(read the whole thing if you feel like it)
The community can be mixed. Some people are idiots and are mean and disrespectful,while the other people are just nice, enjoyable normal people trying to get better at the game! That really goes for most of the other communities now that i think about it.

somebody_33 wrote:

I've gotten several DM's in discord saying the taiko community is toxic
I wouldn't necessarily say its toxic, as of some people in the community, whom of most i know, are toxic, but not the whole community. I've heard of some pretty chill people who are just having a good time and playing for fun like me. I've also seen a ton of new people too, which of i don't find normal definitely in taiko. But i like to see all the new people coming to play this mode :>

somebody_33 wrote:

DM's in discord saying the taiko community is toxic and bad.
I noticed many people have came to me too, in private messages and on youtube, to come and tell me taiko sucks and is bad and i should stop playing it and the community is that way too, but i don't find it's bad.

The community can be bad, but hear me out, like i said before, not everyone is this way. People really do feel like trying to call the taiko peeps out on stuff we didn't do most of the time o-o

To really sum up my opinion, its not bad. It's just a normal community like all the others. Just a different mode.

Those are just my thoughts though, you can have a complete opposite opinion to mine and there is nothing wrong with that.
animeslayergp
i dont care or really know the community,but all i can say is that it seems pretty dead and its the gamemode i struggle to learn the most
Sugar_owo

animesquadgp wrote:

i dont care or really know the community,but all i can say is that it seems pretty dead and its the gamemode i struggle to learn the most
i agree about the fact that it's the hardest to learn. The tutorial didn't really help me lol so i guess you got a fair point on that last one. the rest, yeah its kinda a dead game mode but hey, at least people are actually playing it and having fun, that's all that matters.
aramew
i don't quite know too much about the community, but from the people i've talked to in the taiko people club are pretty nice... and also don't know english half the time because so many taiko players are from other countries.

but then again, many communities have their "toxic" side and their nice side. it really depends on the people you talk to.
Tedward765
I agree with what I've read on here, this is pretty much every gaming community, you will encounter people being toxic but that doesn't mean the whole community is. As for the farming of converted beatmaps, I have no problem with people farming them (as a 4 digit player). Even when I come across people playing converts, its generally 5-6 digit players who are playing them and usually I'll try to give them the advice of playing maps that are actually meant for taiko rather than osu standard converts so that they can actually improve. Honestly in my time of playing taiko, it has always appeared to me that the osu standard community was the most toxic, at least towards the other game modes. I'm not saying that I believe that one of us is better than the other community wise but that I see more often than not that its the osu standard players that just give an unnecessary amount of hate towards the other game modes. For instance, comments like "oh, its taiko", "wrong gamemode", "taiko is bad". But I don't think I've ever seen anyone who plays any other game mode as their main say anything similar about standard.
McEndu

Sugar_owo wrote:

animesquadgp wrote:

i agree about the fact that it's the hardest to learn. The tutorial didn't really help me lol so i guess you got a fair point on that last one. the rest, yeah its kinda a dead game mode but hey, at least people are actually playing it and having fun, that's all that matters.
At least, it is easiest to speedmap from the perspective of mapping.
Sugar_owo

McEndu wrote:

Sugar_owo wrote:

animesquadgp wrote:

At least, it is easiest to speedmap from the perspective of mapping.
Yep.
Meseta
taiko community is cool
a lot
Sugar_owo

SHAKYSHAKESTER wrote:

taiko community is cool
a lot
I very do much agree.

We are the ones who can read this and clic da button at the same time and surprisingly we make it far.
Akazukin-MK2
Sometimes in #taiko feels like I'm talking to people on their period, though often I wonder if it's my choice of words who gets people "upset" or something, I'm still an ESL after all. I don't know if discord is the same since I don't use it (anymore). In multi on the other hand I never had issues with other players, sometimes is the quick joiners who kill the lobby changing game mode because they didn't want to play taiko, most of the taiko players I met in multi were always friendly, it's just that there's very few players and sometimes it gets awkward and you feel like YEEETing a bit because there isn't much to talk about with just 2 or 3 people in the same lobby, especially when I am in the lobby (I can't read the mood at all).
apaajaboleh10
Do whatever you want man. Just ignore those flamers.

In the long run, I'd recommend you to play proper taiko diffs though, as they have a more interesting pattern than converts.
Sugar_owo

Akazukin-MK2 wrote:

Sometimes in #taiko feels like I'm talking to people on their period, though often I wonder if it's my choice of words who gets people "upset" or something, I'm still an ESL after all. I don't know if discord is the same since I don't use it (anymore). In multi on the other hand I never had issues with other players, sometimes is the quick joiners who kill the lobby changing game mode because they didn't want to play taiko, most of the taiko players I met in multi were always friendly, it's just that there's very few players and sometimes it gets awkward and you feel like YEEETing a bit because there isn't much to talk about with just 2 or 3 people in the same lobby, especially when I am in the lobby (I can't read the mood at all).
heh “people on there period” made me laugh wtf

true tho

yeah, multi is rarely a problem, but i never really see a game on in multi taiko, but the people there are nice.. sometimes.