forum

Option to have highlights saved to a text file. <_<

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This would be a toggle, but eh. Anyways...

I often leave osu! open while I AFK. Sometimes I get highlighted (I have osu! minimized while AFK).

Thing is, I then have no idea why I got highlighted, who highlighted me, or what they said... all because I was away for a bit. ><; No, I don't have IRC and see no reason to install it and set it up, so yeah. :P It would be convenient to check a .txt file when I came back and saw I got highlighted, but don't know *why* I got highlighted.

Not necessary though.
awp
irc takes as much time to set up as osu!. AKA five minutes. But that's beside the point.

A text file would be inconvenient. A chat tab would be better imo. Of course you can't grep a chat tab but how many people in osu! actually know what that is anyhow?
anonymous_old
irssi has this amazing feature where it logs beeped messages while you're away (set using /away). The messages are displayed to you with the server, channel (if applicable), sender, and message of each message when you un-away.

I would like this in osu!'s client as well.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi

Echo wrote:

Does using /away from irssi on bancho work? It's not supported server-side, but irssi might still do stuff locally even if it doesn't receive any reply.
Yes, I use /away always when I leave the computer, since I get hilighted dozens of times on multiple different networks daily, and osu network hilights are also included in the list when I un-away.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Does using /away from irssi on bancho work? It's not supported server-side, but irssi might still do stuff locally even if it doesn't receive any reply.
irssi sets /away, yes, but it doesn't un-/away because it doesn't receive a notice that the un-/away was successful. (irssi attempts to log as much /away stuff as possible, which is why un-/away waits but /away doesn't.)

Currently, I'm stuck in /away mode on osu!. =S This may interfere with an auto-reply script I have, but that uses a NOTICE which I'm not sure Bancho supports either.

Gemi wrote:

Yes, I use /away always when I leave the computer, since I get hilighted dozens of times on multiple different networks daily, and osu network hilights are also included in the list when I un-away.
Did you have to perform some special operation to get it working on Bancho?
Echo
It used to support NOTICE but peppy might have taken it out :/
Gemi

Gemi wrote:

Did you have to perform some special operation to get it working on Bancho?[/quote]
Nope, unless my shell admins have done some special configs which I am not aware of.