forum

Tapping speed question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Syclasm
A friend of mine who just started playing a lot is having some difficulties with tapping speed. Comparing his speed when alternating his middle and index fingers on both hands, his left hand is considerably slower than his right. (According to the stream speed test program posted by another forum member a while back, he gets under 100BPM on his left and 170BPM on his right for 100 hits)

He's been having trouble playing faster songs because of this impairment and has difficulty coordinating his alternations. Does anybody have any suggestions as to fixing this problem? Finger exercises possibly?
boat
Play and practice.
Staiain
play a bit 4k osu!mania and he will learn fast
zerod
practice make perfect :D
[Shiroyasha]
This has been my major problem also, practicing is the only key but if you want you can focus practicing on the problem itself. Dunno about your friend but if his alteration feels so unnatural. Tell him to do sets of burst taps. I'm sure that everybody experience streaming ( alteration o.O? ) or tapping so fast for a short period of time and as it goes on it gets slower and slower until RAGE..

Take those burst energy alternate your finger with the fastest speed you can and relaxed as much as you can ( some tips i received when i was learning piano lol :) )
start with 2s
zx xz zx xz as it gets natural go with 3s
zxz xzx zxz xzx go for 4s
zxzx xzxz zxzx and as you go further 5s 6s ( i highly doubt you'll reach 7s, cause at that point you can alter fast for long period of time ) your finger will start to feel natural at higher speeds
for taps sorry idk any tips

Hope this can help, cause it helped me alot LOL
usa
Stream testing program is only useful at measuring how fast you can mash (lol)
Best way to get better at tapping is by... *drumroll* PLAYING THE GAME

A good method of getting. accurate and faster tapping is to practice songs with high bpm/ar. Nobody can do it the first time, you just have keep at it.
Just note that the easiest way to single tap fast is by using your wrist (strengthen your hand and fingers, and tap by moving your wrist up and down) and not by mushing your fingers against the keys
buny
i find it easier to tap with my finger