forum

How to improve stamina?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CubeyThePenguin
Hello, I've decided to start playing mania a bit more than I usually do, which is not at all. I've found out that I can read most maps around my skill level, but I don't have the stamina to play them. I think I unconsciously tense my arm when I play, which makes it hard to play songs for longer than 45 seconds.

If anyone has gotten over this problem, could you give some tips to combat this? Thanks.
Lights
just keep playing. you gotta practice regularly to maintain the muscles in your hands and wrists required to play higher density mania charts.
[LS]PositoniX
  1. play longer sessions
  2. play longer files
  3. avoid pausing or tapping out of songs frequently
  4. tap lighter
ok bye
I can't be 100% sure but if your arms are tensing your reading might not be as good as you think, just recently I had to change a lot relating to reading because while I thought my reading was fine it was actually inhibiting a lot of my skill (my arms would tense and cause me to not last long either). Try getting more comfortable with maps a bit easier than what you consider comfortable or familiarize yourself with patterns you currently struggle on/tense up on.

Other than that my advice is the same as what the other two have said already.
Lights

ok bye wrote:

I can't be 100% sure but if your arms are tensing your reading might not be as good as you think, just recently I had to change a lot relating to reading because while I thought my reading was fine it was actually inhibiting a lot of my skill (my arms would tense and cause me to not last long either). Try getting more comfortable with maps a bit easier than what you consider comfortable or familiarize yourself with patterns you currently struggle on/tense up on.

Other than that my advice is the same as what the other two have said already.
This too, but i find a lot of players arent a fan of acknowledging that they arent as "high skilled" as they think they are.