forum

HarmoKnight

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Behon
Has anyone else played this? It jut came out on the North American eShop today.

The game's a lot like both of the Bit.Trip Runner games if you've played either of those. It's basically a rhythm-platformer hybrid with a character automatically running forward, and you controlling their jump and attack to the tune of a music track.

CPLs
sounds nice, I'll see if I can play it
rust45
Just played the demo, music is great and the game looks like it has a lot of charm. But I deciding factor for me when playing rhythm games is the challenge. How would you say the challenge in the game is?
CPLs

rust45 wrote:

Just played the demo, music is great and the game looks like it has a lot of charm. But I deciding factor for me when playing rhythm games is the challenge. How would you say the challenge in the game is?
maybe the challange is like osu?
sayaka-miki

copolah123 wrote:

rust45 wrote:

maybe the challange is like osu?
It depends. It was fairly hard for me because on some levels you had to jump and then hit (quickly), hit stuff within a fast beat, it's not like osu. But you should try the demo, it's really fun.
Topic Starter
Behon

rust45 wrote:

Depends on how long you're willing to play. The later levels and boss fights get a bit rougher, but more importantly, there's a secret world of much tougher new levels to unlock after beating the game, and every level has an alternate version that moves at 2X speed if you get a gold rating on the original.
rust45
Alright, that sounds pretty good. And considering I spent a lot of time of the demo trying to perfect the levels, I'll probably spend a lot of time with every single level. So yeah, time to add some funds to my 3DS.
Xgor
Played the demo, was really fun. Miight buy it (Tutorial was dull as craaap though).

I gotta say that I like this much much more than Bit.Trip Runner, I hate how it's random notes when you hit a beat. here it feels like you make a song.
rust45
Just got to world 7, and I don't know how they managed to hide the epic until now. I'm getting pretty hyped for the end of the game if the levels and music are like this in the last world.