forum

My newest beatmap is missing the background and doesn't download correctly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beaver
beatmapsets/1375311#osu/2842888

I have a background but the website won't show it, it also can't be downloaded for some reason. Help
Cynplytholowazy
Reupload, it usually fixes the problem
Topic Starter
beaver
reuploading doesn't fix the issue, tried it several times
Cynplytholowazy
Try this

Export the beatmap, delete the map, then drag the osz back and reupload
Topic Starter
beaver
nope, didn't do anything
lewski
The problem isn't that there's no background, it's that there's no map file to tell the site what the background should be:

None of the metadata on the site seems bad at first glance, so my only guess is that you somehow messed it up before updating the map at some point. It would really help if you could upload the .osu somewhere and link it here so that people can look at it.
Topic Starter
beaver
lewski
The metadata looks fine there, too. Something's definitely gone wrong in the upload, though; the osz you linked has way more hitsounds than the officially uploaded version.

This is just a hunch, but try removing drum-slidertick.wav and drum-sliderwhistle.wav. As you can see in the screenshot, everything starting with them is missing from one version of the map, and I think the fact that they're 0 bytes in size might be the cause.

You may also want to delete the SubmissionCache folder in the folder osu!/Data for good measure before uploading. Note that Data is a hidden folder, so you may need to enable a setting to show hidden folders to see it.
Topic Starter
beaver
I did both and it still doesn't work, do I try to just make a copy of the beatmap and upload that as a new one?

edit: Just uploaded a new one. Both don't work.

edit 2: removed the "/" from the title, still doesn't work.

edit 3: went line by line in the text file, still can't figure out the problem. help.