forum

Is possible to rank a 8+ stars without any reputation?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
One day, I decided to ask guest difficulties on a song with 2021 BPM (no fake). Obliviously he contains a 8+ stars map and probably other extreme high diffs if I find someone to make a diff on this mapset (he's currently unfinished).

In the thread some people says it's very hard to rank a 8+ stars without reputation (and probably without knowing personally a BN), I'll struggle asf to find a BN.

So the question is it's impossible for me to rank a such mapset with 8+ stars map when you don't have any reputation?

Just a simple question.

I've also tried to get some mods but nobody wants to mod this ;_; I'm starting to think my pfp reduce my probability to having a accepted request idk...
Calmius
Personally, I think that trying to rank a song over 7* without a reputation is a bit complicated, If to that we add that the song has 2021 BPM (it would be advisable to set BPM = 505.25 and set a slidertick of 4) It is something exaggeratedly complicated (although I don't know if impossible), maybe it just stays in loved. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DeletedUser_13957006

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

In the thread some people says it's very hard to rank a 8+ stars without reputation (and probably without knowing personally a BN), I'll struggle asf to find a BN.
hey that's me

it would be theoretically possible to rank 8*+ without any reputation. most of this is because maps that are 8* or more are more hard to accurately judge when taking into consideration "reasonable gameplay". since it is harder to tell what's reasonable gameplay, it will be harder to reach an overall agreement.

reputation essentially comes in at that exact point. the reason i can see for it being so prominent as it is, might be the fact that if you're not known on the mapping scene and you do a "controversial" map (very hard maps and gimmick maps basically), the people will think it's the only thing you can do and judge your map based on something completely unrelated (a good example to demonstrate this is pishifat's hollow wings video, which pishifat says this about hollow wings' first gimmick map: "if all subsequent maps were exactly like this one, i'd think of hollow wings a guy that just got lucky in the ranking process").

however, not to crush your hopes and dreams entirely, R3m's first ranked map is a 9*. however, doing something like this WILL require a lot of patience and dedication to satisfy modders' and bns' tastes, since the only thing you can do without reputation is hope the map's good enough for people to accept it.

sorry for the mini-rant, that's my opinion on the reputation that the actual ranking process has, ESPECIALLY when accounting for controversial maps. if you actually decide to rank this map, good luck.
Nao Tomori
the reason its hard to rank 8* without a reputation is because mappers that dont have a lot of experience usually make bad maps and that is amplified by the high star rating and difficulty, so it becomes much harder to get something ranked where if you made some mediocre 4* anime set even if it sucked it could get ranked more easily as ppl will hold it to a lower standard
Uniform
it doesn't really matter what the sr is, if the map is good enough, i'm sure at least 2 bns will want to nominate it, regardless of reputation.
TheKingHenry

Uniform wrote:

it doesn't really matter what the sr is, if the map is good enough, i'm sure at least 2 bns will want to nominate it, regardless of reputation.

Nao Tomori wrote:

the reason its hard to rank 8* without a reputation is because mappers that dont have a lot of experience usually make bad maps and that is amplified by the high star rating and difficulty, so it becomes much harder to get something ranked where if you made some mediocre 4* anime set even if it sucked it could get ranked more easily as ppl will hold it to a lower standard
essentially combine these two

your reputation doesn't matter if the map is quality as long as you actually get someone to look at it

the likelihood of that is whole another thing though, and BNs looking at 8* maps by newbie mappers is not very likely at all (since it is likely the map is not good)

your best shot and the "theoretically possible" (if the map is quality) result for this is if you can make the map otherwise very interesting to pick up for a look, for example music some BN loves or similar

as an example of this, I've ranked some relatively high SR maps as first rankeds from somewhat "no-names" some times in the past when they've been mapping music that was intriguing to me (namely metal usually)
tadahitotsu
in your case people may think thay you are making "meme" stuff, so it actually will be hard to get mods/feedback.
anyways, never give up
Sophie Twilight
Isn't Yomi Yori DokiTo's first ranked map?
ClevelandsMyBro

- Mahiro - wrote:

Isn't Yomi Yori DokiTo's first ranked map?
no? users/537084

TheKingHenry
but the screenshot clearly says that the rest are DoKoLP not DoKito what are you talking about

:^)
Yukanna
it'd be a bit complicated + it would be hard to get bn's most likely..
try getting some reputation before going ahead with this.