forum

Autohotkey and osu? [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metalplate
Hey. Im new here and I was just wondering about a program:
Im using autohotkey to macro some of my password/birthdates just to make it easier to login in various places, is this a program that will get me banned from osu, or is it no problem to use?

Thanks.
theowest
I'm sure you can use macro keys to input text. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to.
It's useful for moderators when we're making chat op commands.
MillhioreF
It shouldn't be a problem. osu! most likely detects it, but you shouldn't be banned if you aren't actually using any macros while playing.
Topic Starter
Metalplate

MillhioreF wrote:

It shouldn't be a problem. osu! most likely detects it, but you shouldn't be banned if you aren't actually using any macros while playing.
I might have a problem then, because my password macro contains one of the keys u click while u play osu, so if I were to hit it by accident, would that ban me?
Thanks a lot for the help :)
MillhioreF
If you accidentally trigger the macro while playing, turn it off and just click Retry (don't submit the score.) I'm not completely familiar with the anti-cheat system, but that ought to be good enough.
Topic Starter
Metalplate

MillhioreF wrote:

If you accidentally trigger the macro while playing, turn it off and just click Retry (don't submit the score.) I'm not completely familiar with the anti-cheat system, but that ought to be good enough.
Is there some1 els that might know? I would rather keep it on if its possible, because I tend to use it quite a lot. If any admin could give me a 100% yes or no answer that would be great.
Thanks!
Lucmans
Just as random typing during a song won't get you a ban, a script that does the same won't.

I use autohotkey inside of Osu! a lot and never heard anything. I use it to bind some keys to click (because clicking with a pen is just too inaccurate) and to control my volume.

If you want to be save, add a line like:
[key]::Suspend
This will suspend all your hotkeys and will release them after pressing it again (keylist: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm).

It's even possible to make a notification:
[key]::
Suspend
MsgBox [message]
return

To have it only show up when Osu! is running:
[key]::
Suspend
Process, Exist, osu!.exe
if ErrorLevel <> 0
{
MsgBox [message]
}
return
return

Let me know if it worked!
Bara-
2 years old, please
Don't useless necro
Can someone explain why all these newbs (for forum) uselessly necro really old threads
How do they find it, while they never search when making a new request/bug report
I'm quite curious about this
Lucmans

baraatje123 wrote:

2 years old, please
Don't useless necro
Can someone explain why all these newbs (for forum) uselessly necro really old threads
How do they find it, while they never search when making a new request/bug report
I'm quite curious about this
Found it via google. Didn't really care about the rest of the thread.
Sorry for necro posting, since it's turning you very upset
Flanster
baraatje123, avoid sounding too rude please.