forum

how to set the stream section correctly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MikogIorTorfinn
I am a beginner mapper and I have a question. How to arrange the Stream section correctly. It's just that I decided on the Jumps, but there are problems with Streams in the maps.
Juuuuuuuuul
You can convert sliders to streams :

or for variable spacing streams, you can use distance snap :
Topic Starter
MikogIorTorfinn

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

You can convert sliders to streams :

or for variable spacing streams, you can use distance snap :
understood thanks
Asphiee
For linear streams without relying on stream converter, you can turn Grid Snap on and Distance Snap. There are object(s) that wouldnt align the stream depending on the angle so you'll have to hold alt to temporarily disable gridsnap then correct that object.

Just saying this since there are mappers like me who prefer doing streams by hand.
Sophie Twilight

Asphyre wrote:

For linear streams without relying on stream converter, you can turn Grid Snap on and Distance Snap. There are object(s) that wouldnt align the stream depending on the angle so you'll have to hold alt to temporarily disable gridsnap then correct that object.

Just saying this since there are mappers like me who prefer doing streams by hand.
There're mappers that map streams by hand? Sounds like a tough work.
Zelzatter Zero

- Mahiro - wrote:

Asphyre wrote:

not really tho (as someone who never know the existence of both Ctrl+Shift+F and Distance Snap and place everything by hand), once you have remaster the way to eyeball stuff and the method to move objects by pixel, that will be the more convenient way in the long term, especially if you like quirky stream shapes.
Asphiee

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

- Mahiro - wrote:

Asphyre wrote:

not really tho (as someone who never know the existence of both Ctrl+Shift+F and Distance Snap and place everything by hand), once you have remaster the way to eyeball stuff and the method to move objects by pixel, that will be the more convenient way in the long term, especially if you like quirky stream shapes.
Yea the ctrl shift f. Idk but I get anxiety when I use stream converter. Ive been mapping streams by hand so I feel uncomfortable switching methods