forum

what happened lmao

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cyger

after some grinding i managed to S-rank this song but somehow lost 7 pp? what?
HecaRegina
Higher score than your previous one but lower accuracy which affects pp.
apaajaboleh10
Your current best score has a 97.45% acc. Your previous best score has a 98.37% acc.
Accuracy has a strong impact on taiko, that's why you lose pp.
Meseta

cygerion wrote:

after some grinding i managed to S-rank this song but somehow lost 7 pp? what?
you had lower accuracy fc score and it was higher than your previous and this affected to your pp
Topic Starter
cyger
late reply since i didn't get notifications for some reason;
how did i manage to get a higher score if i got a lower accuracy? from what i've seen it's not like osu!mania where there is a 300 and a MAX that don't affect your accuracy but affects your score

also... how does something like this happen? how do i not get a high score despite not missing any (such as in the first play) and have a higher accuracy

i'm sorry i'm asking a lot of questions, i am just very confused as i am fairly new to taiko
aramew
hi there :D
i'm not exactly sure where you hit 300's during the map, but i'm pretty sure if you hit 300's during a part of the map where it's glowing (totally forgot the term for it) you'll receive more points.

also if you hit BIG boy circles correctly, you will get double the points from them. so maybe you hit more of those?

i would definitely need to see your play to figure it out D: this is the best i could think of.
somebody_33
Its a thing called reversing. It happens sometimes, even in taiko.
The pp system takes the pp from your highest score play and thats your pp. Therefore, like in this case, you beat your 144pp score (points wise) with a 136pp play, hence you will lose pp.
ghoulybits

cygerion wrote:

also... how does something like this happen? how do i not get a high score despite not missing any (such as in the first play) and have a higher accuracy

i'm sorry i'm asking a lot of questions, i am just very confused as i am fairly new to taiko
There's 2 explanations. The first one is that you were playing on a map with a few sliders and managed to hit them less than you did the time you set your highest score, causing you to lose out on extra points. The second is that you got 100s on less notes but the notes you got them on were later on in the song, causing you to miss out on points you could gain from the combo multiplier. I don't know which one it was since I don't know what map you were playing, but both are just things I've noticed can have a lower overall score than the top one while still having the same/better accuracy.

(I'm not a Taiko expert either though so I could be wrong lol)
Sugar_owo

ghoulybits wrote:

There's 2 explanations. The first one is that you were playing on a map with a few sliders and managed to hit them less than you did the time you set your highest score, causing you to lose out on extra points. The second is that you got 100s on less notes but the notes you got them on were later on in the song, causing you to miss out on points you could gain from the combo multiplier. I don't know which one it was since I don't know what map you were playing, but both are just things I've noticed can have a lower overall score than the top one while still having the same/better accuracy.

(I'm not a Taiko expert either though so I could be wrong lol)
that explains lots of it so don't worry -w-