forum

Why there is no official bg bundled on .osz FA artist?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RioAl
In my opinion. Its just pointless when using song legally from FA artist to map when still using BG from internet without permission.

I know copyright on osu are basically "almost pointless" but c'mon
DeletedUser_13957006
if they were to do that, they would have to license images as well, which is just pointless investment tbh

the mappers would choose an anime girl bg anyway
lewski
Mappers' Guild FA sets already need to have explicit permission for all assets including bgs. For other sets, it's like Aiq said: finding and licensing bgs for all FA tracks would be a waste of time and money since people would often rather choose a bg according to their own tastes.
SaltyLucario
i mean, some featured songs already have official artworks or videos, and from what i've seen they are acceptable for mappers guild use so those could totay be added into provided .osz imo
DeletedUser_13957006

SaltyLucario wrote:

i mean, some featured songs already have official artworks or videos, and from what i've seen they are acceptable for mappers guild use so those could totay be added into provided .osz imo
maaaaybe videos but bg should be up to the mapper to choose imo
TheKingHenry

Aiq wrote:

SaltyLucario wrote:

"could be added" aka does not mean you are obliged to use them - either you keep it or change it to one of your own

would save the hassle of trying to find good quality version of the album artwork or similar if you wanna use that as your BG

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
McEndu
A few cYsmix songs bundled a BG with them, btw
Topic Starter
RioAl

Aiq wrote:

if they were to do that, they would have to license images as well, which is just pointless investment tbh

the mappers would choose an anime girl bg anyway
Its not pointless investment in my opinion. With official BG like cover album bundled there, i think it would look much professional like other rhythm games does out there and i think osu! will going on that way in future. Thats why there are so many FA artist introduced by osu staffs in recent few years.

BTW i tend to use offical bg if its available, at least using official album cover pict like on my WIP map on this beatmapsets/1355141 (the song source is from FA btw but i've using official album cover 'not legally').

Aiq wrote:

I dont ask for forcefully using bundled bg if we mapped and uploaded songs from FA artist, but more like wandering why the heck they are not there in the first place?

TheKingHenry wrote:

"could be added" aka does not mean you are obliged to use them - either you keep it or change it to one of your own

would save the hassle of trying to find good quality version of the album artwork or similar if you wanna use that as your BG

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yup i do that right now.

McEndu wrote:

A few cYsmix songs bundled a BG with them, btw
i remembered that on bundled song back then when we first installed osu!