forum

What if I create a beatmap of an entire album?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kuroiden
Odd thought, and it may sound confusing from the way I put it into words, but what if I incorporate all of the songs in an album into one big audio file, and turn it into a beatmap, and its available difficulties are just the individual songs from the album itself?

E.G.:
The album is Magical Astronomy, and it contains difficulties like:
  1. Greenwich in the Sky -- And that difficulty is mapped for the portion that only plays "Greenwich in the Sky"
    or
  2. Demystify Feast -- And that difficulty is mapped for the portion that only plays "Demystify Feast"
It sounds confusing, but I don't know how to explain it.
Asphiee
It's been done by some mappers I think, idk I think I've seen some pals in #modhelp mapping an entire album
ICanNotDoSlider
I don't think you need to make it one big audio file, like this - beatmapsets/903657#mania/1886395 (different audiofilename)
Topic Starter
Kuroiden
Hmmm, now that you two have mentioned it, maybe I should give it a shot. The only reason I want to compile them into a one audio file is because the Ranking Criteria says to only use 1 file, and states that "Multiple song files within a single beatmap set is unsupported and results in unexpected behaviour with preview times, metadata, etc." (Although I'm not really aiming to get it ranked)
whoami__

Kuroiden wrote:

Hmmm, now that you two have mentioned it, maybe I should give it a shot. The only reason I want to compile them into a one audio file is because the Ranking Criteria says to only use 1 file, and states that "Multiple song files within a single beatmap set is unsupported and results in unexpected behaviour with preview times, metadata, etc." (Although I'm not really aiming to get it ranked)
I think you can:
  1. make 1 beatmap for 1 song (as everybody doing)
  2. merge all songs into 1 file (.mp3) and make multiple difficulties
  3. put some songs in one folder and write song's file name in 4th line in every difficulty file (.osu)
    you can use this as an example https://yadi.sk/d/HbJKfZlswxGxjw
Topic Starter
Kuroiden

whoami__ wrote:

Kuroiden wrote:

I think you can:
  1. make 1 beatmap for 1 song (as everybody doing)
  2. merge all songs into 1 file (.mp3) and make multiple difficulties
  3. put some songs in one folder and write song's file name in 4th line in every difficulty file (.osu)
    you can use this as an example https://yadi.sk/d/HbJKfZlswxGxjw
Ight, I'll try that out when I finish my school works. Thanks mate
FakeAngelOfOsu
whoami__
Are you winning son?
bakery
It sounds better to do it as 1 mp3 file if you're going to make it into one beatmap because you can make a marathon difficulty with all the song separate difficulties. Also the mp3 file size might be smaller so there's that too
Topic Starter
Kuroiden

whoami__ wrote:

Are you winning son?