forum

[web] Polls have duplicated options when deleted/added back [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mismagius

This is an image of a poll that I have created with the following options: "cookiezi", "white wolf", "blue dragon" and "myself". After deleting the poll by selecting the poll options on the box and deleting them, submitting and then adding the poll back, some of the options will appear duplicated. If you happen to add new options to the poll, they'll often appear VERY glitched (like the "hey" and "a2" options in the image) and will often break the poll option limit.

Also adding that if you delete some of the options and do the same thing, they'll appear back in future edits of the poll.
theowest
Link to BD's topic so you can test this yourself, or you can create your own topic. (I hope that doesn't make any difference)
t/123451 In abandoned wasteland, so only those who can enter will be able to see it.
just know that I've been testing around with it now, so there's no bug on it right now.

This bug is pretty random,it seems you can't edit in extra or remove manually. You'll just end up creating duplicates, (I'm not sure when this happens) and if you vote on one of them, they both get a vote:

You have to remove the poll completely if you want to add new items or remove some it seems. (if you're experiencing this duplication bug)

Trying this myself, but before you waste my time reading this. I can only replicate the first spoilerbox for now and I can't seem to create duplicate poll items (second spoilerbox).

SPOILER
1. remove polls to start over, that's what I did
2. add poll items

3. You have to click on "create poll.." to see these items, I guess this might be why it's creating duplicates

4. but that can't be the case, because if you just do nothing, nothing will change.

5. so I try to remove an item

6. weird, now the 9 is gone. that's not suppose to happen

7. let's try that again, when I first enter here I see that the 9 is gone here too now. This time I remove 8

8. yep, 7 is removed too

So what we've learned by this is that, the next item will be removed too if you remove one. Two gets removed when you remove just one.
9. Let's try removing 1, maybe it goes in all directions

10. yep, both 1 and 6 gets removed

let's try to add items now
SPOILER
1. putting every number back, except for 10

2. looks normal

3. let's replace 9 with 10

4. that works

5. Let's replace everything, with just 11 and 12

6. like before, if you erase one or more items, one item will be forced to be removed even though it was listed

7. now let's try adding 13, 14, 15 and 16 (never used before)

8. that seems to work
looks like I can't replicate creating duplicate items... I did replicate it when I first edited your post there BD, but I can't seem to do that any longer. It's too random for me..
Topic Starter
Mismagius
You have to put some options, delete everything, submit the post with no poll anymore, then try to make another poll.
theowest

Blue Dragon wrote:

You have to put some options, delete everything, submit the post with no poll anymore, then try to make another poll.
That's it! That's how you create these duplicates.

(I selected just cake)

Confirming, everything on replicating this bug in now in this topic.

I believe this should be in low priority since it doesn't happen that often and it's not that easy to replicate (it is if you're doing it wrong). and I'm not even sure what fix peppy could provide with, I believe this is all phpBB's fault.