Why can I rank easier on old songs?

posted
Total Posts
25
Topic Starter
skibblesx
I have about 6,000+ songs for Osu and Ihavent played more than 2,000 of them.
But i recently discovered if i play the really shitty old charts from like 2007 I rank up a LOT.

I can get an S with 8,000,000 points and go up... +8 ranks.
But I can get the same exact thing with a B with 2,000,000 points and go up +8 ranks too if the song is really old.

I just went up 200+ ranks for getting an S on a chart and only getting 2,000,000 points.

Whats up?
Full Tablet
Because don't many people bother to get good scores in bad maps.

Also there are several old maps that have fallen to obscurity.
theowest

Full Tablet wrote:

Because people don't bother to get good scores in bad maps
Pretty much, you're one of the first people to the cake.
The rather.. old cake.
Mismagius
lol 2013 people love saying 2008 maps are shit.
Full Tablet

Blue Dragon wrote:

lol 2013 people love saying 2008 maps are shit.
Most of them are...
Mismagius
so sad users nowadays can't appreciate anything that isn't OMG OMG AR10 JUMP RETARDED LOLOLOL :(
buny
? there's like hardly any ar10 jump maps
XGeneral2000
Old maps usually are worse. People knew less about mapping and ranking criteria weren't as strict. Doesn't mean all of them are shit, but today's maps are generally better.
deadbeat

XGeneral2000 wrote:

Old maps usually are worse.
yet i like them more than most newly ranked maps /o/
she_old
I like some of the older maps more than the speedranks
Aqo
I hate all ranked maps equally \ : D /
buny

Aqo wrote:

I hate all ranked maps equally \ : D /
ranked maps too mainstream
aqo biggest hatter since she and uncle buly

also adding on to the first few posts, people don't bother to fix their old scores either, so high ranked players might have crap scores on old maps which tend to give you a good boost
theowest

buny wrote:

so high ranked players might have crap scores on old maps which tend to give you a good boost
but it's not like you would get more pp or anything just because they are now higher ranked players. I think there's even a feature request about this (it won't work).
Macacito
old maps are actually more fun to play than the current ranked ones
buny

theowest wrote:

buny wrote:

so high ranked players might have crap scores on old maps which tend to give you a good boost
but it's not like you would get more pp or anything just because they are now higher ranked players. I think there's even a feature request about this (it won't work).
hmm idk, i actually thought you'd get more pp for beating higher ranked players

well still, a lot of the scores are very crappy since they're very early plays
Kanye West

Blue Dragon wrote:

so sad users nowadays can't appreciate anything that isn't OMG OMG AR10 JUMP RETARDED LOLOLOL :(
So sad that actual good mapping elements like ninja spinners, AR6, and mtmcl-flow aren't used anymore.
Loves
I like old maps but not for the mapping techniques, just for appreciation. Everyone would quit if all maps got reverted to 2008 standard.
buny
1x distance snapping for strongest flows
Winshley
Who cares whether they're old or not. Just play 'em~ :P

I had to admit that some of my best performance maps in the list are coming from old maps though... <.<;;
Kanye West

Winshley wrote:

Who cares whether they're old or not. Just play 'em~ :P

I had to admit that some of my best performance maps in the list are coming from old maps though... <.<;;
Nothing to be ashamed of, they actually pose a unique challenge so ranking on them is an accomplishment.

Imo your most ridiculous record is from an old map: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/1137
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply