forum

Adding Custom Sounds To Beatmaps! HEALP!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RadioShadow
I've seen it's possible to add custom sounds when the beat maps are being hit. I tried to add them but I', not having much luck.

Here's what I got in my folder:

I think I renamed the sound effects right. Now I open the beatmap I've been working on, go to 'Song Setup' and tick the 'Custom Overide' box and clicked on 'OK'.

Now if I go back into Song Edit, it's been unticked and still plays the default sounds.

What am I doing wrong?
eyup
Are your custom sound files WAVs? If they're MP3s you can rename them to WAVs and they'll still work.
Topic Starter
RadioShadow
They are 'Wave' files or 'Wave Sound' as it's type.

Maybe it's a bug that need's fix. I'll send peppy a PM and see what he says.
peppy
Okay, I think this needs a bit more explanation on my part.

That song setup screen is just the *defaut* setting for samples. Yes, it should remember your 'custom' checkbox, but this isn't the main problem here.

You should be setting the custom overrides in the *timing setup panel*, as it is now saved on a per-timing section basis. You can access this panel from the timing menu or the timing screen (large yellow button). You should be able to choose your custom sampleset from there. Please tell me if you have any problems.

As a little bonus tip, you can also use two custom samplesets now - this can be done by adding "normal-" and "soft-" as a prefix to each set, then choosing the appropriate radio button in the timing setup panel. If you don't add either prefix, both radio buttons will result in the same custom sampleset, though.
Topic Starter
RadioShadow
That did the trick. :D

Thanks for the help peppy.