forum

[Album] Nujabes - Modal Soul

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kiddo-Kun

Modal Soul is Nujabes' 2nd solo album and is considered a follow up to his first album, Metaphorical Music. Nujabes himself was a Japanese DJ and hip-hop producer well known for blending Jazz into his work creating really mellow, funky sounds. Unfortunately, Nujabes was involved in a fatal car accident on February 26, 2010 and was announced dead on March 18 of the same year. I really want to make this project happen because I would love to pay tribute to Nujabes through osu!. Also, this album has touched my heart and makes me feel calm and mellow (not to mention it sounds amazing). So I would greatly appreciate it if you guys help me out here.

- Song list -

• Feather (feat. Cise Starr & Akin)
• Ordinary Joe (feat. Terry Callier) [05:08]
• Reflection Eternal [04:17] WIP by Static Noise Bird
• Luv (Part 3 featuring Shing02) [05:36] WIP by Kiddo-kun
• Music is Mine [04:20]
• Eclipse (feat. Substantial) [03:34]
• The Sign (feat. Pase Rock) [04:49]
• Thank You (feat. Apani B) [04:09]
• World's End Rhapsody [05:41]
• Modal Soul (feat. Uyama Hiroto) [04:41]
• Flowers [03:59]
• Sea of Cloud [03:01]
• Light on the Land [03:55]
• Horizon [07:20] Claimed by RLC

Links to the song are provided (just click on the length next to the song). I can also supply mp3s, guest diffs, and backgrounds if needed.
Note that some of these songs can be difficult to map and are pretty long, so I suggest that you have at least 2 ranked maps.
Also, if you claim something PLEASE FINISH IT.
Other than that, enjoy the sounds of Nujabes.

Rest in Beats.
RLC
CLAIMING HORIZON
those
Will this be like The Unforgiving, or will it be separate mapsets?
karterfreak
If you can get that entire album timed, I'd gladly make a full on 1 hour taiko for it. Nujabes music helped me through quite a bit of college, so I'd like to pay tribute myself.
Topic Starter
Kiddo-Kun
These will be separate mapsets.
Kairi
love Nujabes <3
Ash Cat
Good luck on this.
whymeman
Glad to see Nujabes is getting some recognition for once. Though, it should also be a familiar name to those who enjoyed watching Samurai Champloo since he also did some songs for the anime.
Topic Starter
Kiddo-Kun

whymeman wrote:

Glad to see Nujabes is getting some recognition for once. Though, it should also be a familiar name to those who enjoyed watching Samurai Champloo since he also did some songs for the anime.
I heard. Though I haven't listened to the OST yet.
Birdy
Huh, never knew he has died, and I feel terrible now...

Oh well, I guess I'll claim Reflection Eternal. A .mp3 and BG would be nice, feel free to PM me anytime.

Would also be nice to be able to jump straight to the map by clicking the "WIP/Pending/Ranked by Mapper" part.
Topic Starter
Kiddo-Kun

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Huh, never knew he has died, and I feel terrible now...

Oh well, I guess I'll claim Reflection Eternal. A .mp3 and BG would be nice, feel free to PM me anytime.

Would also be nice to be able to jump straight to the map by clicking the "WIP/Pending/Ranked by Mapper" part.
Yeah, sucks that he died.

I sent the stuff! Also, Luv is now uploaded as a WIP map and would love some early mods~
Birdy
Reflection Eternal is now posted too. 30 seconds done of Hard so far.