forum

Xsplit Lag [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Full Tablet
Depends on the monitoring application. In AIDA64, you can enable a log file that registers the CPU and GPU status.

Also you can use http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html It should be easy to use.
[BlinK]
OBS works fine. I use it and i have a

1) Pentium Dual Core (so good)
2) Radeon HD 4650

So yeah.
theowest

akantor-4 wrote:

I already tried Open Broadcast Software but when i record it show a black screen
I don't think you've set the OBS settings/scenes and stuff correctly.
TakuMii

Full Tablet wrote:

Get a better CPU
CPU doesn't matter that much with streaming, it's just the GPU. I have the 2.66GHz version of OP's CPU and a GTX 650Ti and I can stream at 720p no problem with OBS.

@OP: Try other programs like OBS or FFsplit. If neither work, update GPU drivers or get a new GPU. Your CPU isn't the bottleneck, it can handle cards up to the GTX660 non-Ti (it'll bottleneck anything beyond that).
IppE

YayMii wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Get a better CPU
CPU doesn't matter that much with streaming
While that might be true in this case, it's generally the opposite, as the CPU has to encode the video in realtime which is not something you just do casually with a low-end cpu and expect any kind of decent quality.
Full Tablet

IppE wrote:

YayMii wrote:

While that might be true in this case, it's generally the opposite, as the CPU has to encode the video in realtime which is not something you just do casually with a low-end cpu and expect any kind of decent quality.
Some mid-tier to high-tier GPUs have h.264 encoding capabilities, but even then the encoding they do is usually of lower quality than CPU encoding.
http://www.behardware.com/articles/828- ... -x264.html

For encoding is it better to have a good CPU than a good GPU.
TakuMii

IppE wrote:

YayMii wrote:

How low-end are you talking? Because the C2Q isn't really that far behind compared to this generation's CPUs.
But there's no doubt that in this case the GPU is the bottleneck.
IppE

Full Tablet wrote:

Some mid-tier to high-tier GPUs have h.264 encoding capabilities, but even then the encoding they do is usually of lower quality than CPU encoding.
http://www.behardware.com/articles/828- ... -x264.html
Hardware encoding will never be better than software encoding unless you somehow make everything work in floats. The only reason they seem so fast now is because they skip critical parts of H.264 encoding such as CABAC.

YayMii wrote:

How low-end are you talking? Because the C2Q isn't really that far behind compared to this generation's CPUs.
Anything dualcore basically, which for some reason still exist.
Hanyuu
What are your streaming settings?

Do you record in a window area or from game? From game makes my whole recording lag and delayed, but from window its fine.
Topic Starter
Akani
Isnt 1700mb vram enough for streamin 720p 25fps??
TakuMii
The GT130 is only GDDR2, not to mention it's not powerful enough to utilize even half of that VRAM. If you want to stream in 720p, I'd suggest upgrading.
Sakura
The thing is that OBS uses the GPU to do the encoding rather than the CPU, that's why it's usually faster than xsplit.
Topic Starter
Akani
ive buyd a GTX650 asus 1GB GDDR5 i hope i can stream wit this one
Primula_old
The issue that I found with using XSplit was that it reduces the FPS of your gameplay to roughly the FPS you set in XSplit, I have no idea why.

Setting the FPS in XSplit to 60 helps a bit but you'll still experience the lag on faster maps, OBS doesn't behave this way.
The only issue I've found with using OBS is that it'll bug out if you download a map and open it in Osu from the browser, for some reason this causes the FPS of the stream playback to drastically decrease (though it does not have any impact on your gameplay), restarting the stream fixes the issue.
Full Tablet

Primula wrote:

The issue that I found with using XSplit was that it reduces the FPS of your gameplay to roughly the FPS you set in XSplit, I have no idea why.

Setting the FPS in XSplit to 60 helps a bit but you'll still experience the lag on faster maps, OBS doesn't behave this way.
The only issue I've found with using OBS is that it'll bug out if you download a map and open it in Osu from the browser, for some reason this causes the FPS of the stream playback to drastically decrease (though it does not have any impact on your gameplay), restarting the stream fixes the issue.
Many recording software have a "synchronize application's fps" (or something similar) option to make the recording fps be the same as the game's fps. See if you can disable that option, or see if you can record a Screen Area that contains the game instead of making Xplit hook to the game.
Inori

akantor-4 wrote:

I already tried Open Broadcast Software but when i record it show a black screen
Open Broadcaster can only display windows using DirectX

If you're using OpenGL, you need to use DirectX in order for osu! to pop up on the preview window.
TheAussie
lol at 720p your cpu will be working like crazy on xsplit.
Topic Starter
Akani
I found out how to use Obs. the streams works fine
but the streame does lag sometime why
my set and new connection
58mbps download 7mbps upload
600bitrate buffering
TakuMii
Try increasing your bitrate. 600 is really low for 720p, try something like 2000.
Topic Starter
Akani
ive setted 1280x720 30fps buffering + bitrate to 4500 but now my computer lags and the stream too
Inori

akantor-4 wrote:

ive buyd a GTX650 asus 1GB GDDR5 i hope i can stream wit this one
You're lagging because you're using up a majority of the 1 GB of ram you have.

The minimum RAM you should have for streaming a game in 720p with minimal lag is about 4 GBs
Topic Starter
Akani
i still have my old GT130 1,7gb ram can i add this graphic card because i have 2 gpu slot free
or its not compatible ?
Marcin
You can't use it like that.
You have to have 2 SAME gpu's, and then use SLI / Crossfire to use them at once.
Topic Starter
Akani
but before i setted buffer/bitrate to 1280x720 30fps
it was on 1920x1080 60fps buffersize/bitrate 4500
my computer could run osu on 60-200fps and the stream was a bit laggy
but now its unplayable even if i sett low quality whyy

I found out what does the lag it was because i used opengl instead of directx now its workin fine but the stream is laggy as always

Update my new connection 58mbps download 7mbps upload

Problem is solved Thanks for all your suggestion!!!! by the way how can i close a topic ??

and i forgot if you wanna see my stream http://fr.twitch.tv/bruno85555
Flanster
Next time dont post 5 times in a row, just edit your post.
iderekmc
i have 750 ti and 3770k and i play at 700fps, but when i try to stream there are like freezes in my own screen each 3 seconds and the fps lower to 300, any solution? it only happens with xsplit and gpu usage doesnt go over 50%