forum

Portugal's Top 10 CTB Players of 2020!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tris
General Info
Well here we are again. 2020, one of the most anticipated and probably disappointing years for most. But let's have a look at some of the amazing plays made by PT players in 2020 and again give our own opiniated list of Portugal's top player for 2020!

Rules
Same as before:
You're not allowed to include yourself in the list.

My List

1. uwu
The amount of stress this guy still gives me with his consistent plays on high starred loved maps when all I wanna do is compete without having to FC maps is absolutely admirable. Air has always been a player close to my heart as he has been one of the first PT players I got to know and got to compete with. Although he has been mostly inactive for 2020 and honestly most of recent years, I'm sure he could easily clap cheeks with the people in this list. Amazing convert, high acc player, with enviable ability to fc longs maps.

2. Buffow
Considered the best PT CTB player of all time by most, easily the best HD player in Portugal in 2020. Unfortunately due to a condition with his right hand he's unable to play properly and compete. This is part of the reason I put him below air besides air being an absolute god sometimes.
Buffow is also the best relax in Portugal! By a landslide. Let's hope we'll be able to see him in action some time in the future again.

3. Gold801
Same spot as my all time top PT list, and similar to the guys above here has been very inactive for 2020. He's one of the best convert players in PT and can very easily adapt to HD and DT, he also has the first 350+pp convert score. His patience to set only SS's on most of his score is admirable.

4. PTrollYO
If you haven't played with PTrollYO and you don't know his "obscure" scores that well he might be the most unremarkable top player in PT. But there are quite some unique scores that are worth mentioning that he achieved. 600+ combo on red lips, basically FC on elder dragon legend, FC on Hydra, FC on asphyxia.
When he's on top of his game he can pump out some really nice scores on high star maps.

5. DemiGod Yoxide
Demi unfortunately wasn't as active this year due to stamina problems. Fortunately he has been steadily improving and with it he has picked up HD. Submitting respectable HD plays on mostly converts near the end of 2020 such as Monochrome Butterfly. I was considering to put Demi below Bell but considering that Yoxide was still able to prove himself on some maps in 2020 like C18H27NO3 whilst also playing HD and having a better convert performance clearly means he deserves the top 5 spot.

6. [SS]Bell
Bell is back, and he means business. Bell has always been a fanatic with higher star maps and you can see how this reflect his scores. With 1 or 2 misses on maps like lonely go, towa [miracle] diff, and ofc his der wald play where he scores above every PT player, including buffow, except Tris. I can totally see Bell continue practicing these high star maps and once he gets consistent at those maps he will be a force to be reckoned with.

7. Hiroto-
When I mentioned him in my top 10 of all time list I hoped to see him in my next top 10, and boi did he deliver. Hiroto has made the biggest climb in 2020 in PT and one of the biggest climbs PT has ever seen. Not only in ranking but huge leaps in skill. Every month making huge improvements in ability to play more and more difficult maps. Harder converts, hard specifics, hard maps with HR, etc.
He has shown great competition with Bell in both climbing rankings and also high star loved maps (although he has submitted less than 50% of the scores Bell submitted).

8. N1tro321
This year I gotta give it to Nitro. Near the end of 2020 Nitro has been destroying convert maps with hidden and DT, setting some absolute ridiculous scores such as 1 miss on hey fucker, FC on freedom dive, 3 miss on fallen angel with DT, 4 miss big black (near FC) with HT. Nitro has had a quiet beginning of 2020 but ended in an absolute bang.

9. SoulEater
It's ye boi, Soul. Soul is a living legend in the PT community and could easily have called quits after having reached double digits globally and having been #1 PT for one of the longest times ever. But after extreme rustage, lots of breaks, this guy still decided to give the game another shot to get 3 digits again. Not only did he succeed in that but he also farmed as a true tuga like no tomorrow. Setting some really nice scores and also beautiful chokes (even losing PP on inferno) in the process. Soul's dedication for pulling through even after all the rustage is amazing to watch and it's awesome to see him still participate and compete.

10. Nicolexd13
Similar to Bell Nicole is not afraid to submit a score. Whether he's not doing well or not he will try to challenge himself with hard maps at times and isn't bothered about how that reflects on his performance. Although anecdotal and I was not in top form, Nicole did beat me in multi. Not on a single map but on the majority of the maps we played. You can see these skills on maps like the final chapter of CLSW's seven deadly sins where he almost scores a C.
It's a shame to have seen him gone inactive.
Nikolai
yes