forum

AImod spacing problem [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

this is a recently ranked Easy diff, every note is placed with distance snap on (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/52709)

but AImod still says it has 38 spacing warnings, in fact every (2)-(3) and (3)-(4) in a combo is a spacing warning

this map is not the only example, it happens with every map

this is a real problem, it used to be able to detect spacing problems in Easy/Normal stuff, now it can't

TheVileOne
I will check your bugs. It's likely that your spacing is just very slightly off. AiMod is more accurate than it used to be.

I want to mention that your screenshot shows another bug that has plagued AiMod for sometime. Each spacing error is displayed twice. The number of spacing errors is doubled.
DakeDekaane
This has been there for a really long time, months. Even with objects perfectly spaced it shows wrong spacing and double.

AIMod in nowadays is only useful to check unsnapped objects and other basic unrankable stuff, always marked as errors.

If this deserves to be solved, we should ask for another features in it.
MillhioreF
Sadly I have to concur, AIMod has been pretty badly broken and prone to crashing ever since osu!shine.
TheVileOne
Shenanigans confirmed.

The second note in a combo should not be throwing a spacing error.
Sakura
More like the first one shouldn't be throwing a spacing error.
Gonzvlo
AFAIK, AImod has been working this way from the day I started mapping, probably before
Sakura
Yeah weird, it was fine when i made my very first maps (and for the others i didnt need it much anyhow), only issue back then was distance snapping messing up because of the grid snap hence making AIMod angry.
D33d
It's always been an issue. The best way to mod spacing is to look it and think, "How tidy and playable does this look?"

Defaulting to grid3 is a good way to guarantee this, but any grid size is fine if you can work with it comfortably and efficiently.
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure it's related to sliders in someway. I could be wrong though.
Sakura
It depends, it can also affect circles, idk how DS formula works, but it's something like "DS thinks the spacing between notes should be let's say 0,7 grid squares" the first note goes 1 grid, the 2nd note (1,4) goes 1 grid, the 3rd note (2,1) goes 2 grids, something like that to cover up for decimals in spacing that arent covered in the grid.
Ephemeral
the rulesets for aimod are.. obtuse. the whole thing needs reworking entirely, which was what I was doing at one point and what I believe woc is doing now.
woc2006
Fixed, I remaked the AIMod.