forum

Drain time & ranked mapsets

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pip
So with my understanding mapsets you need to have a certain amount of difficulties correlating with the drain time in order to get it ranked. I've been looking on the ranked wiki and find nothing saying how the drain time and difficulties correlate, I want to figure this out because I want to figure out how many diffs I need with the drain time in order to rank a mapset :)
clayton
it's under Beatmapset>Rules in the general RC. 4th bullet point here, but u should read the whole section wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria#rules.1
Topic Starter
pip
i might be dumb but if the drain is less then 3:30 then the map has to have a normal to extra for example? while a map that is 4:30 would only need an insane to expert at the very minimum?
Zelzatter Zero
fyi drain time doesn NOT affect how much difficulties the map can have, it only affects the difficulty of the lowest one. You can even have a set with only one Easy difficulty and it's still rankable.
clayton

[Rue] wrote:

i might be dumb but if the drain is less then 3:30 then the map has to have a normal to extra for example? while a map that is 4:30 would only need an insane to expert at the very minimum?
less than 3:30 needs Easy or Normal as the lowest diff, that's all. higher difficulties are optional. you could rank a single Easy diff like Zalzatter Zero said

and 4:30 map needs Easy, Normal, Hard, or Insane as lowest diff. so you could rank a single Insane diff
Topic Starter
pip
Ohhh okay, so if the drain was 3:00 i could just make a single easy diff if i wanted to and 4:30 i could have an insane if i wanted to as the only diff, but if i wanted anything higher i would have to make the insane + the expert diff. Thanks guys :)
Uniform

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

fyi drain time doesn NOT affect how much difficulties the map can have, it only affects the difficulty of the lowest one. You can even have a set with only one Easy difficulty and it's still rankable.
At least 2 difficulties are needed for ranking.
Zelzatter Zero

Uniform wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

??
lewski

Uniform wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

that rule was removed before you made your account
Uniform

lewski wrote:

Uniform wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

that rule was removed before you made your account
So a normal only tv size is rankable?
lewski
yea
Uniform
wtf the more you know