forum

Taiko Combo Auto-Assigner [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Why not have a feature that allows auto-assigns combo colors based on the hitsounds?
It would be useful for Taiko mappers and modders.
Assign blue combo colors to claps or whistles and red to the notes w/o hitsounds.
Kin
I don't have any star D:
but you have all my support, because sometimes mappers are lazy to use custom combo color. with this we can make a mod more faster and better.
Kuro

Kin wrote:

sometimes mappers are lazy to use custom combo color. with this we can make a mod more faster and better.
Support for this ^
mintong89
yes please D:
Kurokotei
very useful for taiko mapsets
have my star~
aquabluu
Yes, yes and yes. I custom color all my maps, and having to mod a Taiko map which doesn't do that same is really tiring on the editor, and you can't really analyze patterns carefully in Test Mode alone.
Kunieda
I'll support this <3
XK2238
woot, supporting this /o/

don't forget finishes :v
Dolphin

Flandre XKarlet wrote:

don't forget finishes :v
How can we make finishers appear different in combo colours? :L

But yes this is needed!
blissfulyoshi
I have no idea how buggy this might be, but I created something that might fulfill the feature request.

Note: Please have 6 combo colors before running this (the 4 main drum hits, slider, and finish slider)
Links moved to: t/121948/
OzzyOzrock
My method of color coding is 500% better 8-)

red and blue is all you need y'all
XK2238

Flandre XKarlet wrote:

don't forget finishes :v they shouldn't affect the colors (except for finish-sounded sliders, it might help)
k fixed
trying bliss' assigner atm
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Tested bliss' program and after fixing something it works most of the time now.

The order you have to assign the combos: d, k, D, K, slider, finish slider

There is one bug though:
The first note has to be a d, or else the program will assign them wrong colors.
You can correct this by manually assigning the combo AFTER the first note if it wasn't a d.
The rest will fix itself after.

EDIT:
There's a major bug that happens after a spinner if both the notes before the spinner are of the same kind (k-k, D-D) Since it's impossible to assign the same combo color to a note after the solution, it bugs out.
blissfulyoshi

NoHitter wrote:

Tested bliss' program and after fixing something it works most of the time now.

The order you have to assign the combos: d, k, D, K, slider, finish slider

There is one bug though:
The first note has to be a d, or else the program will assign them wrong colors.
You can correct this by manually assigning the combo AFTER the first note if it wasn't a d.
The rest will fix itself after.

EDIT:
There's a major bug that happens after a spinner if both the notes before the spinner are of the same kind (k-k, D-D) Since it's impossible to assign the same combo color to a note after the solution, it bugs out.
Thanks for the documentation NoHitter. I'll think of a way to make the program more intuitive later.

This is a weird thread to do development in, but both bugs are technically fixed (1.1 above)..... However, there is a bug with spinners (t/121687), so you will have to wait for a fix/work around for that (I have no idea what workarounds are there, so I am just going to wait for replies)
OnosakiHito

aquabluu wrote:

Yes, yes and yes. I custom color all my maps, and having to mod a Taiko map which doesn't do that same is really tiring on the editor, and you can't really analyze patterns carefully in Test Mode alone.
I will check blissfulyoshis program as soon as I can, too.
MMzz

Kin wrote:

with this we can make a mod more faster and better.
Just need to point out this is not true at all. We modded taikos maps just fine before anyone even did this.

With that said this wouldn't hurt anyone if it was applied.
Sakura
I dunno, i always modded with the actual gameplay anyways and pressed F2 to stop and go to that exact spot so i dont think this would make much of a difference for me.
MMzz

Sakura wrote:

I dunno, i always modded with the actual gameplay anyways and pressed F2 to stop and go to that exact spot so i dont think this would make much of a difference for me.
Exactly.
This is what people should be doing.
Sakura
Heck, modding taiko in the editor seems just odd to me unless you're checking timing or something xD since the editor looks nothing like the gameplay at all, I also have no idea why you have to make combo colouring for sliders and finishes, just makes it more confusing imo and no one should be modding with the editor anyways.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
@blissfulyoshi:
The way I see it. The only workaround with that spinner issue would be to assign two combo colors for the different note types.
That way you can use "another" combo for when the a note type is after a spinner.

e.g. Combo 1 - red; Combo - 2 red; Combo 3 - blue; Combo 4 - blue
d - spinner - d - k - d
Combo 1 - spinner - Combo 2 - Combo 3 - Combo 1

That means you need 12 combo colors for all types, but since our editor can only handle 8 at most, I suggest you just scrap the slider and finish slider hitsounds as they are fairly easy to recognize in the editor compared to notes anyway.

Combo 1 - Combo 2 - Combo 3 - Combo 4 - Combo 5 - Combo 6 - Combo 7 - Combo 8
d - d - k - k - D - D - K - K
^ That would be fine IMO.
blissfulyoshi
Moved development of the executable to another thread for neatness t/121948/
Makar
Or just make a taiko editor like o!m.
deadbeat

tetsutaro wrote:

I FRIGGIN' LOVE HOW THE TAIKO EDITOR CHANGES THE NOTE COLOR AUTOMATICALLY TO RED/BLUE :D
This is so gonna help in mapping further Taiko diffs so much
this added now?
p/2186279 <- quote taken from here
theowest
[woc2006] Auto adjust notes' colour for taiko in editor.

yep
deadbeat
must of missed that one ._."