forum

Beatmap is very quiet, despite of being amplified by audacity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Perfectity
Hello! I have recently put together a compilation of songs that I was looking to map and used audacity to edit them together! Whenever I add the songs to osu! and try to edit them, the sound is very low. Any advice helps! Thank you! o/
Zelzatter Zero
You can check if your in-game volume is set too low.

Also please don't attempt to make the audio louder by any means. It'll only make the quality worse that way.
Topic Starter
Perfectity

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

You can check if your in-game volume is set too low.

Also please don't attempt to make the audio louder by any means. It'll only make the quality worse that way.

The in game volume is the same it usually is for myself :/ but thank you!
SaltyLucario

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

That's not true, there is in fact a way to boost up a volume without losing quality (or rather with keeping quality loss at minimum)
Press ctrl+a, and then select "Compressor" from Filtrs tab, and click OK (used it few times and default settings worked just fine). Then just amplify the volume as usual, by using +/- slider at the left of the audio, and export
Note that I have no idea if this affects bitrate or not, but you probably won't need to use this option anyway if you get proper (not upscaled) 192kb/s
Topic Starter
Perfectity

SaltyLucario wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

That's not true, there is in fact a way to boost up a volume without losing quality (or rather with keeping quality loss at minimum)
Press ctrl+a, and then select "Compressor" from Filtrs tab, and click OK (used it few times and default settings worked just fine). Then just amplify the volume as usual, by using +/- slider at the left of the audio, and export
Note that I have no idea if this affects bitrate or not, but you probably won't need to use this option anyway if you get proper (not upscaled) 192kb/s

Thank you so much! I will check it out right away!

Edit: This works to a certain degree, but if I increase the volume too much it lowers the quality :/ I will see what I can do though!