forum

A painful experience about beatmaps editing :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mytkl
I am a music lover and a beginner of this musical game. A few days ago I tried to edit my first beatmap of my favorite music and spent almost all of my spare time and energy on it. Yesterday I spent about 8 hours on it and almost(in fact already) finished it, but I have never saved it allthe times.When I tried to save it as a new beatmap (File->Create a new Difficulty->choose a new difficulty and click OK-> a dialog appeared(File exists with the same metadata! Do you wish to overwrite? Y/N) and I choose N) then l found my 8 hours' work disappeared...(´;ω;`)
It should have been a precious moment with my first beatmap finished ,But now I feel really sad and even have a sense of revulsion about the work like listen to the 1/4 speed music patienly for a long time, edit various of the starting or ending point of the vocals, and so on...
Although this experience is painful,there is no doubt that I will still love music and this game..
But I hope others will never have the similar experience..
Can the unsaved work be saved as a renamed file or not be deleted when someone clicks No?
Zelzatter Zero
You most propably either choose the same difficulty name by accident or left the difficulty name field blank. Most of the time you won't see this dialogue often, but rather "Do you want to clear all objects and start fresh?" and I'm just click Yes to made another one anyway.
Topic Starter
mytkl

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

You most propably either choose the same difficulty name by accident or left the difficulty name field blank. Most of the time you won't see this dialogue often, but rather "Do you want to clear all objects and start fresh?" and I'm just click Yes to made another one anyway.
Sorry my English is poor but my broken heart is actual (┯_┯)
Chiru-kun
rip... my condolences 😢
Asphiee
That's mapping
Akane-_
the mapping experience of all mappers be like
Sophie Twilight
My trauma... I pray for condolences