forum

[invalid] Double XP weekend & PP events

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +669
Topic Starter
maezqu
Osu should include double XP weekend where you gain 200% xp

Also random PP events that activate weekly and include increased pp gain (ranging from 1.25x to 2x) for duration of 15-25min. If you consistently gain enough PP then there should be combo event like in PSO2 (the reward could be custom animated avatar border)
abraker
pp is supposed to measure your skill. If you get bonus pp certain days, is that really measuring your skill?

sounds like an excuse to get a higher number and feel good about that
RockRoller

abraker wrote:

pp is supposed to measure your skill. If you get bonus pp certain days, is that really measuring your skill?

sounds like an excuse to get a higher number and feel good about that
The same also goes for "xp". There actually is no xp in this game, your level is based on the total score you have, aka how much and how well you play.
keremaru
Also, last time I checked osu! wasn't an MMORPG.
JustABeginner
Dear maezqu,

I don't understand why do you need to have the double amount of XP? The only thing I know about is just to level up, nothing special.

---

As for the Performance Point, that's a big no. Let's talk about osu! Say someone just pass a more challenging map with full combo and gained that amount of PP. Then, that event happened and some players would try getting a full combo from a slighty less difficult map from the first one and gained almost the same amount of PP as the above, or even more.

Just like abraker said, Performance Point is based on your skill, how good are your performance during the gameplay. It's not something that you can get reward just like the combo event in PSO2, that is an RPG game. osu! is a rhythm game.

---

In a nutshell:
- Why do you need to have double XP?
- Having random PP event is chaos.
- Don't mix with RPG game with a Rhythm game.
Nao Tomori
I strongly agree with the OP, I think double PP weekends would be a great way to spice up the meta! Supporting this feature request.
Mizunashi Akari
osu gacha game, we should have events where people spend their pp to roll for supporter
esmb17
no i dissagree you should roll supporter tags for pp
abraker

Nao Tomori wrote:

I strongly agree with the OP, I think double PP weekends would be a great way to spice up the meta! Supporting this feature request.
Double pp weekends looks like half pp weekdays to me

A cup half full is also half empty
Mekki
Not even sure what to think about +438 star priority anymore.
lewski

esmb17 wrote:

no i dissagree you should roll supporter tags for pp
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 10 Ranked FC Plays with One Guaranteed 5* or Higher Play, and a Chance of an Epic 8* Play, for Only One Month of Supporter!
Phantonym
Looks intresting
dung eater
Please make it also easier to grind osu!coins I am almost out even when i am not f2p!
clayton
jokes aside, this part unironically sounds kinda cool:

maezqu wrote:

If you consistently gain enough PP then there should be combo event like in PSO2 (the reward could be custom animated avatar border)
just a little something to show "this dude's on fire", when u make a shitton of top plays
would be a neat little reward
-Doodle
amazing
Flowziee
hi can i buy a 1000pp play
TheNeg
We need free-to-play weekends aswell for the people who want to try out the game without buying it.
Lkxemmeji
--
Corne2Plum3
Who cares about XP?
RektNova
cmon give us f2p players a chance. All jokes aside tho, why do you need xp? Lol
show more