Satori
gz
good map
Verlaren
Song and map is awersome. Congrats :D
LunarSakuya
senyaaaaaaaああああああaaa
MMzz
Unranked until the taiko difficulties get more mods and are approved by BATs with taiko knowledge. The map was bubbled/ranked by 2 BATs who do not have taiko knowledge, this is unacceptable. 3 mods is not enough for something to be ranked, sorry. Some staff should be stepping in to mod the taikos, I suggest you ask more modders too.
Konei
D:
Nyquill
Moved back to WIP.
Satellite
omg lol
Frostmourne
Star Stream

MMzz wrote:

3 mods is not enough for something to be ranked, sorry. Some staff should be stepping in to mod the taikos, I suggest you ask more modders too.
idk because there was something like this.. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/44763
Mythol

Frostmourne wrote:

lol gg frost
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

太鼓啊.. 233
kanpakyin
好蠢
Flask
蠢蛋
orioncomet
Well.. I'm sorry sco, I did not know that needing more mod is becoming a rule now when the diffs were good.
popner

orioncomet wrote:

Well.. I'm sorry sco, I did not know that needing more mod is becoming a rule now when the diffs were good..
There is no rule about mod amount requirement. That's why I'm confused.. :o
Topic Starter
Scorpiour

orioncomet wrote:

Well.. I'm sorry sco, I did not know that needing more mod is becoming a rule now when the diffs were good.
we have no such a rule orion ~~
Zero__wind
Oh SCo, I'd just like to say that you're unfortunate for this happened only for some similar cases have occured just in the recent days as far as I know
like this
and other similar ones that exist
Got nothing to say
SapphireGhost
I'm going to copy a post I made in the Moderator's Lounge to here because there is no reason for it not to be public and it is currently relevant:

SapphireGhost wrote:

Makar wrote:

(17:53:32) @MMzz: It's not deranked because of quality though
(17:53:42) @MMzz: it's deranked because no taiko staff approved, and it wasn't modded
To take an example from August 2012, ND Lee - Seoleim Part 2 by James is an osu!standard map that was ranked with 0 mod posts. The quality of the map was deemed sufficient, and it was not unranked. From the time of this incident, there have been no rule changes regarding this type of ranking, so the quoted reason above does not hold merit. The "Maps must be of an agreeable level of quality" rule in the Ranking Criteria subforum has not been approved yet, and therefore unranking maps for this reason has also not been approved. The unranking of this map is not justified by any objective means and is not legitimate.

Unless this reasoning can be disproved with objective evidence, the map deserves to be re-ranked without changes.
Makar
why are you guys bringing up mod count if it was already said over 9000 times there is no mod count rule

it was wrong for MMzz to even mention it, and if the BATs did confirm it with Taiko-experienced BAT, then yes, the unrank was wrong.
pw384
啥 mod不够也要被un?
贵圈真乱
Sun Rainbow

384059043 wrote:

贵圈真乱
OnosakiHito
Just my thought. Not important at all.
12:07 OnosakiHito: Anyway, in my opinion MMzz shouldn't be allowed to mod Taiko for some time anymore.
12:07 OnosakiHito: That's my honest.
12:07 OnosakiHito: This guy demotivates people on a high level. New mapper are getting scared
12:08 OnosakiHito: and even other BATs are contacting me about his cases, day for day, explaining to me the problem of his behavior / modding.
12:08 OnosakiHito: Is this normal that they contact me? I think not. So something goes terribly wrong in the Team.
12:09 OnosakiHito: Even now another guy won't accept my Taiko diff. anymore because of current case. If they don't accept mine, how new mappers will have a chance of mapping a Taiko GD?
12:10 OnosakiHito: Also we all know what happened in the past when MMzz with Ozzy and Love bitched people for a "bad" Taiko map, and replaced due to this reason the new mappers diffs with their own. But oh, BAT Team probably dosen't know about this.
That's what I said ig with some changes I made right now.
It is not a request by me to disallow MMzz modding, my god no. But that's how I feel in the last months. Experienced or not, beeing so narrowed into one mapping style and unrank a map because of this, dosen't endangers just the map itself, it also endanger the relationship from osu mapper to Taiko Mapper. It gets distorted.

User wrote:

Sorry for interrupting you OnosakiHito.
I have to say that I refuse your taiko diffs in this map "lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll".
Because I don't want to get risked in being unranked by MMzz due to p/2368663
you know him well t/92572/start=55 seeing from this.

I'm sorry but hope you understand
12:53 OnosakiHito: No no, feel free to contact me when ever you want when such case happens again or you are not sure about a Taiko.
12:53 OnosakiHito: I'm glad to help when ever I can.
12:53 llllllllllllllllllllllllllll: thank you very much
12:53 llllllllllllllllllllllllllll: i was very upset
12:53 llllllllllllllllllllllllllll: orz
These are not the only PM's, just saying.
Also wmfchris explained it really well, which we have discussed about thousands of times:

wmfchris wrote:

Learn to read a map - not just only taiko - with ways other than the drum. Taiko acts as an instrument - as the complement of the song - but not the drum solely. It has been said many times that following the drum is not the only way to map taiko and plays nicely.

Makar wrote:

(17:53:32) @MMzz: It's not deranked because of quality though
(17:53:42) @MMzz: it's deranked because no taiko staff approved, and it wasn't modded
I will go with chris through it so it can be approved, okay?
Frostmourne
@Ono, you don't need to censor it. It's me. I dare to speak out loudly for that.
Gonzvlo
Hey guys,

Sorry but I'm locking this thread, not because you're doing something wrong but because, "we" as a team have not even reached a consensus. It's shameful, yes, but we're working on that. What I'm trying to avoid here is more confusion on the current position of the BAT about this case.

Not trying to censor anyone here, you will be able to voice your opinions soon. We're sorry for any inconvenience and we will be unlocking this asap.

Edit: Unlocked
lolcubes
What's gonna happen with the SB in the taiko diffs btw? Usually taiko diffs have disabled fullscreen effects for obvious reasons. I noted this yesterday but went to sleep before a decision had been made. :p
Ephemeral
Reranked as the unrank has been discussed and found to be unsubstantiated under the ranking criteria
Nymph
grats for rerank :>
Topic Starter
Scorpiour
Thank you eph~~~

and also thanks everyone for the help~~~

lolcubes wrote:

What's gonna happen with the SB in the taiko diffs btw? Usually taiko diffs have disabled fullscreen effects for obvious reasons. I noted this yesterday but went to sleep before a decision had been made. :p
yes in generally we don't add SB effect to taiko :> but i have discussed this with wmf long ago ( nearly an year? ). Since the mapper name is shown differently in each diff, we thought it was okay ~

and also, we had a collab for taiko-sb ~
pw384
好评
Zero__wind
huh
glad to know ?
or not really

congratz, whatever
Makar
nice to see this reranked without much trouble
Kyouren
Gratz!!! :) :)