forum

DDKK monostreams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
South Korea
I've recently switched my playstyle from kddk to ddkk, and I've been seeing around that ddkk makes it difficult to do monostreams at higher difficulties. I was just wondering why this is the case? Doesn't this just make it the same as std streams? If anything, I found alternating between hands for long monostreams to make accing more difficult. I'd appreciate any other opinion on this! Thanks!
apaajaboleh10
In taiko I think it is the other way around. Alternating between hands is easier than alternating with the same hand. It takes time to get used to alternating between hands, but imo it's worth it in the long run.
DarkStoorM
Some necroposting, but:

There's a special technique, which, to some extent, let's you play monostreams pretty much comfortably and makes it easier on your stamina - with the right approach, you don't use that much energy while playing something more difficult.

I haven't watched osu!std guys in a while, but someone who remembers WubWoofWolf's old videos, will know about the wrist-finger support (it might be pretty common nowadays, idk). While streaming, you don't entirely focus on pressing buttons with your fingers, but you slightly tilt your wrist to make your next finger press the button. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's the tilting wrist that does most of the job while mono streaming.