forum

[resolved] Have PP based on actual map performance

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tsukasa
We all know that everyone hates not getting PP after working hard to get a high rank in a map.
So I thought "Hey! Why not have the PP system get based on actual map performance rather that base it on the ranks you get in a map"

Basically, It compares your score and the total score, you're combos during game play, and what mods you used, and from how hard the map is

1) Your score gets compared to total score. The closer your score is to the intended total score, the more PP you get
2) All combos are considered. It means that even If you get a combo brake at 500x and you get another 300x combo then this gets included in the calculation
(e.g. 500x + 300x > 500x + 60x + 100x + 140x) <-- The longer your combo the better your PP
3) What mods you used. Like if you use easy mods like nofail, you still get PP only way lesser than not using it. And if you increase the difficulty, you'd get alot more PP than normal
4) How hard the map is though this isn't much considered because we'd need a much more specific star rating
Hinanawi-sama
#3 is redundant as the total score will basically match what auto can do with all hard mods enabled, thus the comparison is still score-based
granted THIS implementation is actually better then what is currently being used, the PP system is still being balanced
#4 is also redundant as it SHOULD be based off map set performance (if u do well on all maps/diffs of a single set, u get max PP possible for that set)

#2 is kinda hit or miss as u can get more score off a lower combo if a player accuracy is high compared to a low accuracy run with a higher combo

if anything, it should be (Player Score)/(Max Score Possible), which would give a performance percentage for that map
THEN mean the percentages from all other maps of that set (if a map wasnt played, then its adding 0)
Topic Starter
Tsukasa

Sielana wrote:

#3 is redundant as the total score will basically match what auto can do with all hard mods enabled, thus the comparison is still score-based
granted THIS implementation is actually better then what is currently being used, the PP system is still being balanced <-- Having A mod on should provide a difference in PP because of the Difficulty Increase/Reduction. A mod could very well be the difference in performance since it can either help or hinder you
#4 is also redundant as it SHOULD be based off map set performance (if u do well on all maps/diffs of a single set, u get max PP possible for that set) ]<-- There are maps with low score but WAY hard. If an easy map with 10m score outweighs a way harder map with 1m score then it'd be such a cheat. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/47470 is an example of this

#2 is kinda hit or miss as u can get more score off a lower combo if a player accuracy is high compared to a low accuracy run with a higher combo <-- Combo can actually make a difference. Based on experience. A 500x combo on 70% accuracy is actually has more points than 2 200x combos and 1 100x combo

if anything, it should be (Player Score)/(Max Score Possible), which would give a performance percentage for that map
THEN mean the percentages from all other maps of that set (if a map wasnt played, then its adding 0)

EDIT: I totally forgot to count the other maps in a mapset as well. So basically You'd still get PP on every map on 1 mapset. Though Easy offers less PP of course, and Insane By way more PP
Hinanawi-sama
granted THIS implementation is actually better then what is currently being used, the PP system is still being balanced
<-- Having A mod on should provide a difference in PP because of the Difficulty Increase/Reduction. A mod could very well be the difference in performance since it can either help or hinder you
not when ur talking a system that works off trying to get the highest score possible
again, final word is that its score based, with mods having score multipliers (since mods have a direct correlation to score)

#4 is also redundant as it SHOULD be based off map set performance (if u do well on all maps/diffs of a single set, u get max PP possible for that set)
<-- There are maps with low score but WAY hard. If an easy map with 10m score outweighs a way harder map with 1m score then it'd be such a cheat. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/47470 is an example of this
that map is a bad example as all the rest of the maps are of the same length

also im not saying compare 2 different map sets, im saying compare all maps of the SAME set

#2 is kinda hit or miss as u can get more score off a lower combo if a player accuracy is high compared to a low accuracy run with a higher combo <-- Combo can actually make a difference. Based on experience. A 500x combo on 70% accuracy is actually has more points than 2 200x combos and 1 100x combo
combos really make no difference in a score-based system higher scores already get higher combos but adding another variable factor makes the system more complex then it should be
try to think about how this would actually be put into use and the stress on the servers (as the PP system is already doing so (which is why its limited to the top 750 or so ranks))
Topic Starter
Tsukasa

Sielana wrote:

not when ur talking a system that works off trying to get the highest score possible
again, final word is that its score based, with mods having score multipliers (since mods have a direct correlation to score)
Remember that adding a mod adds or subtracts difficulty. You can FC a song without mod but sometimes you can't FC something with a increaser on
And take not that I'm stating this to be added to the DIFFICULTY not the score 'cause it'd be useless if it's for the score

Sielana wrote:

that map is a bad example as all the rest of the maps are of the same length

also im not saying compare 2 different map sets, im saying compare all maps of the SAME set
Maps should be weighed separately and not by mapset. Not everyone has the effort on playing an easy map when they could just play the insane

Sielana wrote:

combos really make no difference in a score-based system higher scores already get higher combos but adding another variable factor makes the system more complex then it should be
We're talking about PERFORMANCE here. Just basing it on score is not different from the older system. 1 combo can make the difference on PP since it's the performance. Very much like accuracy.

Sielana wrote:

ry to think about how this would actually be put into use and the stress on the servers (as the PP system is already doing so (which is why its limited to the top 750 or so ranks))
I know it will have a huge load but I'm not trying to rush this. Ofc I consider how hard it is to do it but it'd still be better for every player out there

1) No one will ever complain of getting 0 PP even if they're on a top rank
2) Everyone will get way more motivated in playing
3) Addition to #2 is that newbies may not quit after a few days because of not knowing how to gain PP
4) If more people stay, the more potentials of donations, the more we can help peppy, osu gets way more famous than it is before

Everybody wins in the end
Hinanawi-sama
Remember that adding a mod adds or subtracts difficulty. You can FC a song without mod but sometimes you can't FC something with a increaser on
And take not that I'm stating this to be added to the DIFFICULTY not the score 'cause it'd be useless if it's for the score

Maps should be weighed separately and not by mapset. Not everyone has the effort on playing an easy map when they could just play the insane
doing a map set weighting gets them to play the other maps
true skill comes, not from playing a single map epically, but doing the same for every map there, not just farming the highest scoring one

We're talking about PERFORMANCE here. Just basing it on score is not different from the older system. 1 combo can make the difference on PP since it's the performance. Very much like accuracy.
NOT when ur talking about a per-map rating, the old system was simple addition on top of what u had

I know it will have a huge load but I'm not trying to rush this. Ofc I consider how hard it is to do it but it'd still be better for every player out there

1) No one will ever complain of getting 0 PP even if they're on a top rank
2) Everyone will get way more motivated in playing
3) Addition to #2 is that newbies may not quit after a few days because of not knowing how to gain PP
4) If more people stay, the more potentials of donations, the more we can help peppy, osu gets way more famous than it is before

Everybody wins in the end
im implying to NOT make it extremely complex

Edit: i understand now
ur basically saying that one player gets, say, 10M on a map, no mod
another gets 9.9M HR and that, Skill-wise, the HR player gets a better PP rating

this i agree with
Topic Starter
Tsukasa

Sielana wrote:

Edit: i understand now
ur basically saying that one player gets, say, 10M on a map, no mod
another gets 9.9M HR and that, Skill-wise, the HR player gets a better PP rating

this i agree with
This is the very concept that I was gunning for. And not compare it to what your rank is for a certain map
TheVileOne
k