forum

help to use songs without copyright

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luciavegames
hello there, I'm having problems of chosing songs for my beatmaps, and is, COPYRIGHT.

1) there's a lot of songs that has been published before the CC license appeared, and, I don't know if those really old songs can be used or still need permission even if the creator of those songs is dead

2) the NCS (No Copyright Sound) haves thousands of songs from a lot of artists, and these songs that are there can be used in videos without copyright, the problem is that I don't know if that also means that you can use those songs in a beatmap cuz, I never saw NCS with CC license on it, and, I didn't saw if you can use it in another things (that are not for commercial use) legaly

(if you only have answer for one thing, you can put the number of that problem first, and, next the solution, if you have qwq)
Zelzatter Zero
1/ Even if the creator is dead, the copyright will still last for (at least) 50 years. Not sure how to ask for permission in this case tho.

2/ IIRC NCS only covers CC license with YouTube and Twitch. If somebody came across this post, feel free to correct me.
Topic Starter
Luciavegames
thanks you for the info, now I also know, that there's a lot of mappers that are doing maps with copyright.

I never though it gonna be really difficult to have permission for a lot of songs, and not have problems with anyone, so, I repeat it again, thank you a lot for the info Zelzatter