forum

Should I ask for BN nominations or more mods?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight
Map: beatmapsets/1102531#osu/2691359

There's this mapset of mine that I have mapped for 10 months. I honestly think it is already good enough for ranked, but I need opinion from other views without any bias. If possible I want to straight up for rank with least problems when I can. Are ALL DIFFICULTIES of my map ready, or need more improvements? Even if any of the diffs is yet ready then I will ask for mods in the Modding Queues. I don't mind another 300+ mods as long it will have a very high chance of being ranked. I'm aiming for my first ranked and I won't back down until I get it.
Zelzatter Zero

- Mahiro - wrote:

I don't mind another 300+ mods as long it will have a very high chance of being ranked.
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is an extreme misconception from new mappers.

The more mods you have, the more it proves that your map has a problem, it's just either the modder is too inexperienced to point out the fundamental flaw (in other words, they know, but afraid that their wording will be misleading) and just gonna nickpick the problem somewhere, or the map itself was already broken at the start. Most Ranked maps you saw have a few to even zero mods.

Now back to the main point...

TBH, it really depends on you whether you should ask a BN. You've reached the point where most basic suggestions we have basically have no point anymore, you really should make up your mind and not let us decide your choice, cuz it would go to nowhere.
Topic Starter
Sophie Twilight

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

- Mahiro - wrote:

I don't mind another 300+ mods as long it will have a very high chance of being ranked.
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is an extreme misconception from new mappers.

The more mods you have, the more it proves that your map has a problem, it's just either the modder is too inexperienced to point out the fundamental flaw (in other words, they know, but afraid that their wording will be misleading) and just gonna nickpick the problem somewhere, or the map itself was already broken at the start. Most Ranked maps you saw have a few to even zero mods.
The reason why I said 300+ mods is because I mapped 10 diffs, when evenly split is 30+ mods each. I see usually ranked maps have below 40 mods, which is in range of my expected mods. But you got a point. Probably I'll just ask for nominations this time.