forum

teaching

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KAMAL76
can anyone tell me how to create a skin I searched it on yt but couldn't understand
JustABeginner
Hi KAMAL76!

Welcome to your very first step of making osu!skin.
Well, watching tutorials from Youtube does help to guide into making skins, as for me. But getting into basics, you just need two things, editing skill and osu!skin reference.

There are a few software editing you can try. These are the software I commonly hear:
- Photoshop (Paid)
- GIMP (Free)
- Paint.NET (Free)

From there, before you get into making osu!skins, you need to know the basics of the tools you will be using and stuff. You can search up in Youtube for further explaination.

---

Secondly, you need a reference. Surely you can't start making osu!skins without knowingly what and how the size of the canvas of each element will be.

This is the osu!skin reference for all skinnable elements, along with sounds and .ini file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bhnV-CQRMy3Z0npQd9XSoTdkYxz0ew5e648S00qkJZ8/edit#gid=2074725196
Please save it because you really need it when making skins.

Not only that, you can also take a glimpse of any skin elements you found it creative and amazed. Try to get the idea from it and make your own, it's alright to steal some idea from there but just try not to copy literally everything.

---

Finally, trial and error. I did remember one time I had to repeat exporting skins because some skin elements aren't right enough or not synchronize with other elements. Be creative on what you are and don't give up. Skinning takes a lot of time and be patience. Eventually, you will get the hang of it.

---

There's a forum about skinning tutorial here: community/forums/topics/881367
Check it out for any discussions regarding to the topic and feel free to ask questions there too!