forum

Identical new combo color on two following objects

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
feu_follet
Just found out how to do that:
1. Place 2 sliders one after the other with combo colours chosen that way:
The combo color that you want on the second slider and the following combo color on the first slider.
Here I want blue which is color 1. Since green is color 2 I have this:

2.Move the second slider before the first and ba-da-bing ba-da-boom, 2 sliders with a new combo and the same color. You can now convert the first slider (not the second though) into a stream and you have circles to place.

gummibar
i think i am doing something wrong, since this completely failed for me. however, i have devised a funkier solution that involves everyone's favourite mapping tool: notepad!

for context, this map has three combo colours, being white, orange, and black respectively.

here are two uncolorhaxed objects, side by side, holding hands, as well as the .osu code representing them

see the 5? all that means is new combo. now, if you change the last object to values of n16 + 5, it starts to skip n combo colours. heres an example where it skips just one combo colour (orange) and moves onto black. 1*16 + 5 = 21

yada yada yada, this loops around, and if you have three like me you can actually skip both other combo colours and loop around to white again. this works for any number of combo colours, including eight, which surprised me as i didn't think the game would handle skipping more than six combo colours. look, here it is.

this takes much more effort than your method, but it has much more utility. Finding this out was actually extremely helpful to me, as i planned on using duplicate combos in the near future. also, speaking of duplicates, you posted this twice.

edit: sliders use n16 + 6, not n16 + 5. only hitcircles use n16 + 5
Topic Starter
feu_follet
This looks much better than my method. I didn't mess around with it much but it probably is quite limited.
Thx for sharing your discovery!^^
(Also, I didn't notice the double post so I deleted the other one. Thx for bringing my attention to that.)
Zelzatter Zero
meanwhile me with the two identical colors set in song setup:
gummibar

feu_follet wrote:

This looks much better than my method. I didn't mess around with it much but it probably is quite limited.
Thx for sharing your discovery!^^
(Also, I didn't notice the double post so I deleted the other one. Thx for bringing my attention to that.)
your method is much more sensible than mine for a few things, so I'll keep it in mind and continue to attempt to replicate it

but,

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

meanwhile me with the two identical colors set in song setup:
this is in fact probably the best method of you don't need more than four combo colours.

also hey is this rankable?