forum

File format for background video.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
castin
I'm trying to insert a background video for a map I'm making. Is there a specific file format I have to use?
When I click "background image/video" and select a video nothing happens. I have tried various file sizes and resolutions in AVI and MP4

I've tried looking around the web but there is surprisingly little info.
Eni
Make sure you have background video enabled in the editor. avi, flv, and mp4 are all supported.
Topic Starter
castin
I have background enabled in toggle layers. Not sure if that's what you mean.
I also have background video enabled in the main settings.
Not really sure what Im doing wrong here. literally nothing happens when I select the video. I just hear a little menu click sound and nothing changes.
Uzawa Reisa
Try to take a look at this page

Sometimes osu can't render the video if its size too big or the resolution too large, you might want to compress it down first.
Also remove the audio track from the video. If you following the page I linked above, go to audio tab and press the X button on the audio track.
Zelzatter Zero

Apis035 wrote:

Try to take a look at this page

Sometimes osu can't render the video if its size too big or the resolution too large, you might want to compress it down first.
Also remove the audio track from the video. If you following the page I linked above, go to audio tab and press the X button on the audio track.
oh yeah just a reminder that anything higher than 720p won't work properly.

Also try to remove audio if you didn't to reduce filesize.
whoami__
You should try to enable "video" in settings.
McEndu
HQ videos are often too big for submission (aside from rendering issues), so you often need to downscale these.
Try the order 1280x720 -> 960x540 -> 800x450 -> 640x360