forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I just hated 500AF because of the rotating platform bullshit. There were quite a number of times when I'd try to run up to a platform, then it moves before I can get to it, so I just have to sit there with my thumb up my ass until it comes back around. And fuck the platforms that stop in 4 places. At least at that point I was able to turn the encounters down. Anyway, just gotta get 3 more paradox endings, get 99,999 damage, and watch the secret ending.
awp
At Neverland Secondary Gate. Golden Guns are OP as shit, especially that MG. I've only died once in Neverland since returning at a proper level, and it was due to party freeze. And in a random encounter. Should be able to finish it off tonight!

EDIT: Neverland clear. 100% stun rate is really handy when fighting only one or two opponents. Final Neverland bosses were all very easy.

I have 106 Silver-level arena battles left, then I just have to beat the game (twice) for the Plat. Might as well, at this point.
awp
wow, whaaaaaaat the fuck? I just beat the final mission in Resonance of Fate

SPOILER
From what I can tell, the mission had no purpose to begin with, no consequence to end with, and the end result was that all the villains I just killed came back to life and hugged their loved ones. The hell? This is one of the worst/most unusual conclusions to a game I've ever seen.

music is fucking rad as shit though
YodaSnipe

awp wrote:

music is fucking rad as shit though
right? XD
awp
Second playthrough of RoF took roughly 5 hours. I watched most of the cutscenes though.

Time for Catherine!
awp
Playing Catherine!

Tweeting about it as I'm playing it, and spending the next however many days the game is drunk here:

https://twitter.com/VincentOnTheRun
Ivalset
This is the gayest shit I've ever seen.
Azure_Kite
OH SHIT. BODILY FLUIDS
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I got into this discussion with this guy about GTAIV vs. Saints Row 3. He said Saints Row 3 was repetitive and the mini-games all sucked except for Insurance Fraud and that Mayhem was boring because you're "just blowing things up." He said he had no desire to play the game after getting the Plat because there's nothing to do. He didn't concede that flying a hoverjet was better than flying a helicopter. He said the hadouken carjack wasn't realistic. And he hated Pierce. The only thing that I know that he liked about GTAIV was that he thought it had a good story.
awp
that's funny timing, I just threw in SR3 for a spin yesterday. Last I'd played before then was February, apparently

also:

you can stop following my Catherine twitter LP now, it probably won't get any better than this

not that I know
Azure_Kite
ohGod I giggled.
awp
Cleaned up the last stuff for the SR3 platinum. That game is fun, even when achievement grinding. Also discovered a bug today: if you're in a Planet Saints, and press the shop button as you're running out of the store (which causes you to 'enter the store' when outside of it) you'll be in a Let's Pretend instead.

and Catherine. Ohhhhh, Catherine. That game has really gotten inside my head. It's one of those "I'll never experience anything like it" sorts of games. I mean, it's not THAT special, but something really clicked
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So they have The Walking Dead episodes 1 and 2 for free for PS+ now. I went ahead and finished those two today. Fuck. The first one is like whatever. It's cool at parts, but it's pretty much nothing too special. Then there's a point in chapter 2. It's a very specific point, and where that point is in the episode is different for different people, but you'll get to that point, and it changes your fucking mind about that game. It's when the game goes from average to fucking amazing. I'm still reeling from that whole thing. It's also the first choice-based game I've been able to play that doesn't punish you for making certain choices. The game will go on no matter what you choose and it actually makes a major difference at times. Even the way you talk to people and the things you say change dialogue and peoples' attitude towards you. I was talking to someone about the choices and his game sounds so different from mine, even though it's basically the same. Anyway, I wasn't gonna play this game, but now I gotta play 3-5.
awp
I win @ Catherine. Final area was fairly easy. The trophy cleanup looks kind of like a chore

fuck what do you mean there are 64 floors in Rapunzel
Behon

Seibei4211 wrote:

So they have The Walking Dead episodes 1 and 2 for free for PS+ now. I went ahead and finished those two today. Fuck. The first one is like whatever. It's cool at parts, but it's pretty much nothing too special. Then there's a point in chapter 2. It's a very specific point, and where that point is in the episode is different for different people, but you'll get to that point, and it changes your fucking mind about that game. It's when the game goes from average to fucking amazing. I'm still reeling from that whole thing. It's also the first choice-based game I've been able to play that doesn't punish you for making certain choices. The game will go on no matter what you choose and it actually makes a major difference at times. Even the way you talk to people and the things you say change dialogue and peoples' attitude towards you. I was talking to someone about the choices and his game sounds so different from mine, even though it's basically the same. Anyway, I wasn't gonna play this game, but now I gotta play 3-5.
I have no prior experience with either the Walking Dead comic or TV show, but I love the game series so far. It also gets a major recommendation from me, and if you have PS Plus you have no excuse to ignore it.

Also, Sound Shapes seems pretty neat. It's basically a platformer where environmental elements are timed to the music, and features a level editor and LittleBigPlanet-esque database and website. I haven't messed around with the editor yet (Much like LBP, you have to play the campaign to unlock editor items), but the game itself is pretty fun so far.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
As far as I can tell, there's not much connection between the Walking Dead game and the rest of its brand. Most of the characters and locations are unique, so it doesn't really take a fan to like the game. They could've just called the game something else and it'd be just as good. The whole Walking Dead thing alienated me at first cause I'm not a terrible fan of the show, and I thought you had to be to like that game.
awp
word on the Internet streets is PSN got hacked again, another 10M compromised accounts. Mine apparently was not one of them
Ivalset
Eh, supposedly false.

I'll start caring about it when psn goes offline for another X months.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, it's fake. Anonymous took the tweet down and Sony said it's false.
awp
oh right that didn't even cross my mind

they probably would have taken PSN down if that were the case
Inori
Yo.
My psn is picturesmcgee

I have COD Blops/MW3, Fat Princess, MvC3, and Modnation Racers
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Holy crap, Sleeping Dogs is so fun. The fighting is so kickass and brutal and shit's just fun to do. I got in a cop chase once, but I was on a motorcycle, so I couldn't ram them. So I went ahead and stole the cop car from one of the cops who was actively chasing me and used that to escape. That's pretty amazing. And even though there are cops, I rarely have to get chased by them because there's not too many of them. The foot chases are cool because you can parkour, so you can run over crap without losing momentum. Also, the thing about guns is cool. I ran into this guy who started shooting at me, but I didn't have a gun. So I just ran up to him, tackled him, took his gun, then got a few seconds of slow-mo to shoot him while he was on the ground. Oh, and awp, this game is like Resistance 1 where you only regain part of your health. You get half of your health back out of combat, but you need to eat food to temporarily allow it to fully regenerate. Or if you're really good while fighting, you'll activate your Face meter and get health back while fighting.

Edit: Had to share this one. Drove towards a group of three dudes with a motorcycle, jumped off, went into slow-mo while the bike hit two guys, pulled the gun out in mid-air, shot the last guy in the face. And this is something you can do whenever you want.
Alex311360
PSN: SuperAlex311

I mostly play LBP2 and 1,
will try and get COD MW2 (sucky, but'll play it anyways) and more multiplayer games.
Mafiamaster
Wow... I did not even know Cladun was exactly the same concept as Legasista. I was looking forward to Legasista like a month ago when I saw it on the NIS site and didn't even give Cladun a slightest glance! It was probably because of the graphics...yeah, that was exactly it (dat 8-bit-er-y). But anyways, after playing Legasista, I might pick up Cladun X2 for on-the-go fun!

But DANG, LEGASISTA IS AWESOME!!

DAT MOMENT WHEN YOU GET SO MANY RARE ITEMS WITH ENEMIES 25 LEVELS HIGHER THAN YOU!
DAT ADRENALINE RUSH WHEN YOU'RE DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIND THAT EXIT WHILE ENEMIES TRY TO SURROUND AND TRAP YOU!
DAT ACCOMPLISHMENT WHEN YOU DO FIND ONE AND GAIN 8 LEVELS ALL AT ONCE!

•_•) Not to brag
( •_•)>⌐■-■ but yeah
(⌐■_■) that was me...

I see you Ivalset, tearing it up in those ran-geons~

On another note, looking forward to Mugen Souls. Will be buying the pre-order set soon.
*Looks at gameplay*
Oh wait... same gameplay as Hyperdimension Neptunia 2... sigh...

Doesn't matter, any PS3 game from NIS will be mine. (Except for that random Bleach game, cuz Bleach sucks)
Ivalset
More like getting destroyed in those ran-geons. I played both ClaDun games so I knew I'd like Legasista, but at the same time I never really could get into ClaDun just due to how irritating the Magic Circle system in those games is. The Energy Frame in Legasista is way better.

18:14:52 <Teslavi> oh jesus, there was some weird half-invisible shit on the ground in this ran-geon so i was like "let me just walk over this"
18:15:02 <Teslavi> *siren siren* *cue maniacial laughter*
18:15:10 <Teslavi> "ah fuck."
18:16:45 <Teslavi> suddenly getting attacked by everything everywhere, some lv 60 valkyrie chick is slashing the shit out of me while I run for my life, i run past a level 625 gazer thing, lightning bolts are falling or some shit all around me, spamming sea heal as quickly as possible looking for a way out of this place
18:17:17 <Teslavi> is this the experience i missed by not really delving into rangeons in cladun
Sleep Powder
my ps3 name is pen15_lover_89
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
No.
awp
I have a 30 day trial of PS Plus Seibei what should I look into

actually it's probably straightforward enough to just browse PSPlus freebies/sales
Ivalset
I'd probably wait for some super good shit to come out for free/discounted on psn+ before using your trial if that's an option.

Europe keeps getting way better freebies than us, ugh. I'd have killed to played Deus Ex for free, and I wouldn't have minded stomping through borderlands 1 again.
awp
I have to start the trial by the 30th so maybe tomorrow. Isn't The Walking Dead on PSN for free? That is apparently worth checking out
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, Walking Dead is pretty great. Renegade Ops is a pretty fun top-down shooter. I don't think I need to tell you about Saints Row 2. Sideway is a decent platformer with a cool style. Super short game though. LBP2's on there. And inFamous 2.
Dieathan
Finally got around to playing Asura's Wrath.

Only three chapters in and only about 10 minutes of it were actual gameplay. I understand that the story is the game's main highlight but I feel there should be some more gameplay at least. The MGS games may have long cutscenes but there was still plenty of gameplay in-between each one.

Other than that, everything else has been good so far.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
If you watch those cutscenes and wish there were more fighting/rail-shooting sections, then you're doing it wrong and the game is not for you. The story is not the game's highlight; the cutscenes are the game's highlight. The gameplay stays absolutely the same throughout the game, but the cutscenes are different and awesome. Like seriously, if you watch some of those cutscenes and stay completely straight-faced and unimpressed and just wanna get back to the gameplay, you might as well just return it.
Ivalset
Oh huh, apparently US PSN+ is getting borderlands 1 for free on september 4th. Not that anyone should be particularly excited since I'm sure everyone has played it by now, but just amending my previous statement.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I was gonna say. America seems to eventually get most of what Europe gets eventually. Like Europe had Outland for free at first, then Ameica finally got it recently. Still haven't gotten Darksiders 1 though, and that game is pretty good. The Borderlands thing must be for promotion. That game is cool as fuck.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

Oh huh, apparently US PSN+ is getting borderlands 1 for free on september 4th. Not that anyone should be particularly excited since I'm sure everyone has played it by now, but just amending my previous statement.
the bigger question would normally by "why would you get Borderlands on a console instead of PC" but the PC version of Borderlands is really rough around the edges

and took me four hours just to get it playable
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Because my console can play games and my computer can't. Minecraft barely works on this thing. It's not even an old computer, but a gaming computer costs an assload. Speaking of PC gaming, Sleeping Dogs on PC vs. console really fucking shows why there needs to be an update to current consoles. PC graphics make console graphics look like Pong. It always amazes me when someone says there's not really a big difference between PC graphics and console graphics.
awp
if PC can play with PS3, Borderlands actually won't be that bad on the PS3. It seems to be really unpredictable when it comes to how well Borderlands works on PCs

Completed Walking Dead episode 1. It's only like, 90 minutes long, wow. I dislike Adventure Game logic, though, and there were a few times I couldn't decide what to do just because there wasn't enough information there. The worst case waswhen that one girl wanted to shoot herself, and I said no. Not because I wanted to be merciful - I had an axe, which is way quieter and doesn't use up ammunition. So why couldn't I do that?

BOOM! Episode 2 done. Pretty interesting stuff, albeit short. More straightforward than the first one, but it REALLY leaves me wondering how things would have played out if I didn't do A or B. I'm pretty certain Doug and Carley are relatively interchangeable, but Larry? He's not replaceable, even if he was a huge douche
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
There are some choices in The Walking Dead that don't really matter. Like it's not going to majorly affect the story, but it's more just about taking sides with people and that affects the story instead. I did talk to a friend who's been going through it, and he's been siding with Larry's daughter whose name I've forgotten, and I've been siding with Kenny. From the sounds of it, we're gonna have a bit of a different beginning to episode 3. Like there's no way they'll be interchangeable.
Dieathan
Well, finished Asura's Wrath and for what it is, it's pretty good. Must admit, it really gets me pumped whenever I play it though, especially the boss fights. It simply is one of those games you have to "experience" to fully appreciate it.

This game also gave me a better understanding as to why everyone is starting to hate Capcom. You give me the ending which isn't even a proper ending, then make me work for an extended version of the ending which still isn't a proper ending, only to make me buy the true ending as DLC just to finish it for real (Which I have yet to do). And here I thought it was mainly because of the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken having on-disc DLC that you have to pay for to use.
show more