forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Gee whiz, that is incredibly obscure for anyone who hasn't played that game.
awp
yeah but this is coming from the localization team that had a bloodninja/bash.org quote in Disgaea 2, so I'm not that surprised

I mean, I've seen all 3 of the guitarists (THE BASSIST IS A GUITARIST SHUT UP) in the fictional death metal band Dethklok while in the item world, so
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Dude, that's pretty awesome. Dethklok is pretty kickass.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Holy crap, guys. Just found out they're making a Final Fantasy X HD remake. If they put trophies in there, too, then fuck yes. I'll finally be able to play an awesome Final Fantasy game again.
Rantai
Wow that might compel me to actually finish FFX...
Ivalset
The worst final fantasy game, you mean.

What a pile of shit.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
If that one's not good, then I can think of 9 others that aren't either. I'd be more happy if they made a FFXII HD remake, but I know I'm one of the only people who liked that game. I've only ever played X, XII, and XIII though, so as far as I'm concerned, X is pretty good. I know Rolled would be super thrilled about FFX HD.
Behon

awp wrote:

Behonkiss wrote:

Heads-up: Move controllers are half off on Gamestop.com.
Neat!

Now there just needs to be a reason to have them and we're set

This is pretty much my main reason.

Also, 6, 9 and 10 are the only really good FFs I've come across.
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

If that one's not good, then I can think of 9 others that aren't either. I'd be more happy if they made a FFXII HD remake, but I know I'm one of the only people who liked that game. I've only ever played X, XII, and XIII though, so as far as I'm concerned, X is pretty good. I know Rolled would be super thrilled about FFX HD.

I'd totally prefer a FFXII HD remake. And 9 was the best.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Dude, I already know FFX has some of the worst cutscenes and voice acting in the world. Tidus, Yuna, Rikku, and Wakka can all die. Auron and Lulu make up for all of it though. And the whole Jecht/Sin thing is pretty trippy. FFXIII had Lightning, Snow, Hope, and Vanille though. And Fang didn't even make up for that load of shit. The one thing I like about FFX is the Sphere Grid stuff. Anyone can get any skill they want, but it'd take an eternity to get them all. Also, and this is just me, but I liked Blitzball. And I liked the fact that there were clear-cut ultimate weapons. Not this "Oh, there's 6 or 7 or whatever ultimate weapons" bullshit.
Ivalset
Lightning owns, fuck you buddy.
Pokebis

Ivalset wrote:

Pink hair owns, fuck you buddy.
Oh, Ival.
awp
Wakka is awesome what is wrong with you? Lulu has about as much personality as a bucket of paint.

I'll admit that I consider FFX as one of the better games (Ival has it right with IX being the best, of course) because the world in which FFX takes place is fully developed and characterized. In some of the best FF games to date - take 6 as an example - the world was pretty much just a big mass of land. It served to do nothing more than pose as a stage for other events to unfold. You have the war of the magi, and you have people living in towns scattered around the world map, very few of which have any sort of detail to them (ZOZO being the only one I can really think of) and that's about it. The world in FFX had cultures, religions, racism, history, pastimes - there was just so much more to it. Tidus was obnoxious and Yuna was bland as hell but the world itself felt believable and immersing.

Though I don't know why FFX is getting the remake treatment. It's really unnecessary. The step from PS2-era gaming to half-ass current era gaming doesn't offer a whole lot. Even if they whole-ass it, and bring the visuals to FF-XIII's level (rather than the GoW remakes, the Beyond Good and Evil remake, or the Ico/SotC remakes, which actually look terrible by this era's standards) it's still not going to add anything to the experience. At least, with older titles (anything before FF X, actually), the worlds and characters can be expanded on. PSX-era technology couldn't afford to do things like facial expressions (except for Conker's BFD, of course) and the locales were far more restricted and scaled back to fit the medium. By the PS2 we'd basically hit our stride, so we don't stand to gain anything by remaking FFX, except un-nightmare'ing the laugh scene. Oh, and making the lightning and water effects prettier.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Compared to the others, Lulu is a welcome change. Her personality is whatever, but she's got hilarious breasts and she's just my favorite person to use in combat. I really did like that game for its elemental-based combat. But yeah, if a Final Fantasy character can manage to not be annoying, then that's really good. I'm just excited about FFX because I never got around to doing everything in that game. I beat the game, got all the best weapons, and got all the summons, but I never caught all the monsters or fought Omega Mark X. There's some other stuff I probably missed, too. I wouldn't mind starting from scratch, finally completing it, and also getting trophies and shit for it.

Oh, and I don't like Wakka because he reminds me of this one dude I used to know that I fucking hate. Also, "IT'S AN AMBOOSH!"
awp
And another thing

where does final fantasy get the gall to have a "break damage limit" ability anyway?

1 - damage limits are for pussies
2 - Break damage limit doesn't break damage limits, it just adds a digit

MAN UPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Ivalset
Wakka is fuckin' awful. Who the fuck fights with some pussy ass ball? Wakka does.

Ugh, this FFX discussion just reminds me that I still haven't managed to beat FFX-2.
ampzz
Final Fantasy game breakers:

VIII - Selphie's The End in her Slot limit break.
XIII - Vanille's Death spell.

Only ones that really jump out to me off the top of my head... as some that are just stupidly OP'd in the entire franchise since they can/do work on everything in the game.

In regards to Wakka, I sort of wished he had of been like Tifa and Zell from FFVII/I and used his fists.
Would've made him a lot more useful and worth leveling.
lukewarmholiday
Ival get Disgaea 4 and get in vent goddamn.
Ivalset

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Ival get Disgaea 4 and get in vent goddamn.
I have no money

yet
foulcoon
spent it on cornbread again, huh Ival?

P.S. - I'm only on episode 2 of disgaea 4 (sayud panduh) and I'm already tired of sardines.
lukewarmholiday
The main character actually becomes a character around that point and not just a bad sardine joke so I guess there's that.
awp

ampzz wrote:

In regards to Wakka, I sort of wished he had of been like Tifa and Zell from FFVII/I and used his fists.
Would've made him a lot more useful and worth leveling.
Wakka is the most useful character iirc - I can't recall the use of Rikku's limit break but Wakka's does 1.2 million damage when maxed, which is much better than anyone else's that I can recall

Aaaaaaaaaaand apparently non-HP/SP stats are not capped at 20 million any more in Disgaea 4. Oh, joy~
Ivalset

foulcoon wrote:

spent it on cornbread again, huh Ival?

P.S. - I'm only on episode 2 of disgaea 4 (sayud panduh) and I'm already tired of sardines.
No, I spent it on anime games.

I'm really not good at this "black" thing.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Wakka is the most useful character iirc - I can't recall the use of Rikku's limit break but Wakka's does 1.2 million damage when maxed, which is much better than anyone else's that I can recall
Lulu's still the most useful for me. She can ruin pretty much any enemy that isn't magic resistant. Doesn't matter if they're fast or flying or whatever, she's got it. Wakka is pretty weak most of the time, but he's good for flying crap. Auron can't hit birds to save his life. And Rikku's Limit Break fucking sucked and it required you to use items. Like maybe there was a combination of items that was good, but then you'd need a load of those items to keep using it, so that makes it useless.

These Final Fantasy discussions have the ability to confuse me, because when I first saw ampzz mention Selphie, I thought it was referring to me for a second.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

And Rikku's Limit Break fucking sucked and it required you to use items. Like maybe there was a combination of items that was good, but then you'd need a load of those items to keep using it, so that makes it useless.
Rikku's overdrive is absolutely necessary if you're doing a no-grid run, but I don't know if it has any instant-kill or something like 100,000 needles, or anything like that.
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

These Final Fantasy discussions have the ability to confuse me, because when I first saw ampzz mention Selphie, I thought it was referring to me for a second.
Ehehehe, I guess you can blame me for that!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Seibei4211 wrote:

And Rikku's Limit Break fucking sucked and it required you to use items. Like maybe there was a combination of items that was good, but then you'd need a load of those items to keep using it, so that makes it useless.
Rikku's overdrive is absolutely necessary if you're doing a no-grid run, but I don't know if it has any instant-kill or something like 100,000 needles, or anything like that.
Ok, well in a normal game for people who aren't insane, she's useless. And she does have this move that sounds pretty good that takes the health of every enemy down to 1/16th of their original health, but I bet it doesn't work on a lot of things. She's got some pretty good buff/healing mixes though. Stuff you can't even get from normal items.
awp
Yeah, which you don't need because WAKKA IS THE BEST DD

all I do with other overdrives is give them to Wakka and let him lay waste to everything
DawnII
I'mma nip this in the bud.

RemmyX25
fuuuucking hell dawn i need to get that game, but not at the current price
Azure_Kite
I'm up to stage 5 in Catherine. I really need to play more PS3 games but I've been stopped in my tracks by Disgaea 4 and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.

EDIT: That's wierd. My Debit Card is rejected by the JP PSN store on the PSP, but it works just fine on the PS3 equivalent.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Shadow of the Goddamn Colossus! FFFFF YES!
ampzz
My PS3 hasn't been touched in a month...
Is that good?
Rantai

Seibei4211 wrote:

Shadow of the Goddamn Colossus! FFFFF YES!
Wait, you got yours already?

/fume
roleykatsu

ampzz wrote:

My PS3 hasn't been touched in a month...
Is that good?
I didn't touch mine for 3 months since I finished all of Portal 2's single-player mode on it.

I'm waiting to get something for it like Deus Ex HR so I can start playing the PS3 again.
Atmey
Anyone got Dark Souls yet? The game is pretty good, I think I am at the final boss.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Are you really already at the final boss? When did you get the game? I thought it'd take a while since the game's supposed to be hard and stuff.
awp
Those PS2 games I mentioned in some other thread are only 10 dollars a piece. Got Odin Sphere.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm gonna get God Hand. I always planned to play that back in the day, but never did.
awp
It's fun as hell but iirc also really tough
show more