forum

osu2sm: Another osu! beatmap to StepMania simfile converter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
negamartin
Hello there.

If you've ever tried StepMania but struggled with finding good simfiles, you're in the same boat as me. As an Osu! player, you've likely run into BilliumMoto's OMISM osu-to-stepmania converter. For me, it worked quite well for a while, but after lots of use I got tired of failed converts, no real batch functionality (if you convert too many beatmaps at once it chokes) and lack of osu!standard conversion support, so I wrote my own, loosely based on his' (thanks BilliumMoto!).

Features:
  1. Handles variable BPMs nicely.
  2. Uses hardlinks to save time and space, instead of naively copying files (and can even symlink the entire song folder to avoid all copies, if given admin privileges).
  3. Converts osu!standard maps (experimental, must be enabled in the config).
  4. Isolates any per-beatmapset errors so that they don't crash the rest of the conversion.
  5. Quite fast (2 minutes for my ~7000 beatmap songlist on a cold hard drive).
  6. Supports background videos.
  7. Correct song previews for the song select wheel, by probing the `.mp3` file.
  8. Can apply filters to beatmaps (like limiting the amount of simultaneous keys or removing notes that are not aligned to the beat).
  9. Highly configurable.
  10. Open source!
  11. ...among other features
So here it is, I hope it's of use to somebody: https://github.com/negamartin/osu2sm

Further instructions and whatnot are on the Github main project page.
eran121
هاي
VanillaKeksik
Nice