forum

How to disable stacking altogether?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ninaruru
Stack leniency only goes as low as 2. Is there a way to set it to 0 so notes will never stack unless I manually do it?

I tried editing the leniency to 0 in the file but it doesn't change anything yet I've seen maps that have unstacked streams.

Going to "View" and disabling stacking there just disables it in the editor but the actual map itself will still show notes stacking.
gummibar
if by editing it in the file, you mean editing the actual .osu filetype, this is really confusing. setting it to 0 works just fine to my knowledge. it may be that you're possibly overwriting the file by saving the version you have open in the in game editor after you save the version of the .osu you opened in notepad, or that you are expecting the changes you make in said notepad to immediately apply to the in game editor when you instead need to exit out and in again (without saving, so you don't cause the first issue). if it's not either of those then i'm vexed.
Petal
Have you pressed Ctrl + S in the .osu file to save what you've changed?
Topic Starter
ninaruru

TheSpook39 wrote:

if by editing it in the file, you mean editing the actual .osu filetype, this is really confusing. setting it to 0 works just fine to my knowledge. it may be that you're possibly overwriting the file by saving the version you have open in the in game editor after you save the version of the .osu you opened in notepad, or that you are expecting the changes you make in said notepad to immediately apply to the in game editor when you instead need to exit out and in again (without saving, so you don't cause the first issue). if it's not either of those then i'm vexed.
No, I've closed the game and edited the .osu file but re-opening the game and checking the map still has autostacking. Even re-opening the file will say the leniency is 0, but the actual map still stacks the notes.

Also changing the leniency in the file and saving it while osu is still open actually changes the leniency and does not require a restart, so I know setting it to 0 really doesn't work. I tested it by changing it to 7 and notes that didn't originally stack stacked, so I know I don't need to restart the game. Setting it to 0 just doesn't do anything sadly. Perhaps they changed it so it doesn't work anymore.

Petal wrote:

Have you pressed Ctrl + S in the .osu file to save what you've changed?
Yes I did save the file after the changing the leniency there. The file will say the leniency is 0 but in the editor. the notes will still stack so I'm not sure how you can do it anymore.
lewski
Just gave a map StackLeniency: 0 with no problems at all, it definitely works.

This sounds stupid as hell, but are your notes actually stacked?

e: it'd also be super helpful if you could post the actual map so that we can see it